GEN 1 Screen blinking on and off intermittently.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a gen 1 raptor and just installed rigid lights and a winch. After getting it back from the installation company the screen blinks on and off. We went over all the wires looking for a chaffed wire and found nothing. We disconnected the battery for hours then connected it back. And then we disconnected all the additional wires for the winch and lights. And after doing all of those things it still has the same problem. I’m not sure what else to do at this time. Help needed please.

Attachments

• 3ADB0462-E065-4023-AA62-31EB4A9C3778.jpeg
    3ADB0462-E065-4023-AA62-31EB4A9C3778.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 13

WetDirt

Reaction score
I have a gen 1 raptor and just installed rigid lights and a winch. After getting it back from the installation company the screen blinks on and off. We went over all the wires looking for a chaffed wire and found nothing. We disconnected the battery for hours then connected it back. And then we disconnected all the additional wires for the winch and lights. And after doing all of those things it still has the same problem. I’m not sure what else to do at this time. Help needed please.
Some more info please… which screen blinks, just once, just on start up, everything else works ok? Next… where, how many & how are lights mounted? Finally… please show pics of winch & winch mount

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
check the bcm area. its a tight fit to get to the aux wires there and with the fusebox and all the wires there, they might have knocked something loose.
This is a good place to start.

Also verify that the company didn't splice into any factory wires; they often see "12V" on a circuit with the ignition on and assume they can use that to power a relay or controller. None of the factory circuits are intended to be spliced into except for the upfitters, and especially not with quick splices.