Scratches on grille or front bumper for PPF ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwain

Reaction score
Hey, I have had half my truck done in XPel and doing the bed and fender flares next week. Have any of you done the front bumper or not done it and regret it?
Do you mind taking a close up picture of yours to show what it looks like not done? Now that I know it is painted plastic how much damage has been done to the grille over a year or two?

I am extremely happy with the work done on it and feel so much more confident of this Black always looking new now, so now I am debating on getting the front grille done as well.

Oh and I am getting Stealth on fender flairs so assume that is the same matte finish I would need on the front as well?

thank you very much!

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do everything gray including the bumper, grill, letters and fender flares in stealth or it will change the look from matte to gloss. Xpel grill pattern is spot on with 2 seams. The bumper has multiple seams due to the complex curves if you use xpel patterns. Make sure the installer is good or the seams will look like $hit.

I did my truck with xpel patterns and suntek ultra matte. I only patterned the Ford letters myself because xpel pattern didn't wrap the edge of the letters enough. XPEL raptor patterns fit nice they just require an experienced installer.

20191227_162545.jpg

20191227_161212.jpg

20191227_162446.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
Do everything gray including the bumper, grill, letters and fender flares in stealth or it will change the look from matte to gloss. Xpel grill pattern is spot on with 2 seams. The bumper has multiple seams due to the complex curves if you use xpel patterns. Make sure the installer is good or the seams will look like $hit.

I did my truck with xpel patterns and suntek ultra matte. I only patterned the Ford letters myself because xpel pattern didn't wrap the edge of the letters enough. XPEL raptor patterns fit nice they just require an experienced installer.

View attachment 136735

View attachment 136736

View attachment 136737

Well thank you very much for the advice. I drop mine back off in the morning for him to finish doing the back half of my truck, which is the full two sides of the bed and the tailgate. He is also doing the fender flares in Xpel Stealth to keep the matte look.
i am getting another guy to do the full ceramic coatings, including a spray on for the under part. He is going to do the front grille for me as well for now. Unless I decide in the morning to let the PPF guy do the grille which he cuts Xpel sheets thru his plotter.