GEN 2 Scratched fender flares.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
Base on the damage would it be better to sand it a little and paint or just replace the fender flare?7f18b9ac73e4869ea7e1c108a1e77595.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
William Henglein

William Henglein

Reaction score
Never mind! I see Val46 has the same issue. Can someone recommend a place online to order the same fender OEM?

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I’d take it in and get color corrected. Likely cost you much less than the $250+ fender and the hassle of removal and replacement.

Won’t cost you a dime to get an estimate.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$400+ part. Way easy to replace yourself though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
These things get scuffed up really easily and I wouldn’t mind a longer term, inexpensive resolution- like spray in bed liner, line-x or whatever. I just got one of these replaced and paint matched (to original color) courtesy of a selfish, stupid SUV pilot. Lucille got the last word, tearing their entire front bumper off. cost was $690 all in, plus the peasant car rental.

dboat

Reaction score
These things get scuffed up really easily and I wouldn’t mind a longer term, inexpensive resolution- like spray in bed liner, line-x or whatever. I just got one of these replaced and paint matched (to original color) courtesy of a selfish, stupid SUV pilot. Lucille got the last word, tearing their entire front bumper off. cost was $690 all in, plus the peasant car rental.
I like the idea of inexpensive rattle can bedliner

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
William Henglein

William Henglein

Reaction score
So I guess the OEM part doesn’t come painted. I wonder why. When you pull it off the truck it looks completely painted. Also. I think all raptors have that same color grey on the fender.

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth the fender flares buff out very easy. Get on them with Adams compound and polish and you won’t be disappointed. Mine after 5 SnoBalls and more rash than you could imagine.
6783ae5cc15d9984b8216a3c370f5010.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what its worth the fender flares buff out very easy. Get on them with Adams compound and polish and you won’t be disappointed. Mine after 5 SnoBalls and more rash than you could imagine.
6783ae5cc15d9984b8216a3c370f5010.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS

It looks to me that the damage is only to the clear coat. Very easily (with some elbow grease) buffed out with both rubbing and then polishing compound. Did this last weed to a flare on my Escalade. Good as new.