Scraping sound at high speed only when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides fine in 4 high. Can’t find any issues with the vacuum lines. Will do the pressure test next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the culprit. Slit in the hose. Where did you find a replacement hose?75b0bc969c6fef8ca9dfc6308d566ba5.jpg

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
i dont think you should. the 4wd vacuum system works by using vacuum pressure to engage 2wd. it defaults to 4wd when theres no vacuum pressure. a quick test would be to drive in 4wd and see if the noise goes away. just do it in a straight line though. dont want to turn on pavement in 4wd

It should be fine to drive around with the hubs locked as long as transfer case is in 2wd. When the front wheels turn they'll turn the front axles/diff/ driveshaft, which will cause mechanical drag and burn more gas. It's fine for pavement though as long as it's disconnected at transfer case, there won't be any driveline binding.

OP
OP
C

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it Noah. I just ordered the complete set. Gonna replace the whole deal. Thank you though!!