Scott at CUSTOMWHEELS4U

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give Scott a big thanks for his help figuring out what wheel will work best for me. After some back and forth on info I went with the KMC XD131 RG1. Main factor was the +25 offset being so close to the stock +34 offset.

Unfortunately the local tire shop my company uses offered some freebies(mounting, balancing, & lug nuts) and warranties that were just too much to pass up. With that being said I will still be buying some accessories(extra set of beadlock nuts to get powder coated) for this wheel from Scott.

84003d1484784847-aftermarket-wheels-mxd1317.png

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just wanted to give Scott a big thanks for his help figuring out what wheel will work best for me. After some back and forth on info I went with the KMC XD131 RG1. Main factor was the +25 offset being so close to the stock +34 offset.

Unfortunately the local tire shop my company uses offered some freebies(mounting, balancing, & lug nuts) and warranties that were just too much to pass up. With that being said I will still be buying some accessories(extra set of beadlock nuts to get powder coated) for this wheel from Scott.

84003d1484784847-aftermarket-wheels-mxd1317.png
I do business differently. If I had Scott do all the leg work and configurations and what not I would have given him the business and scraps to the local tire place. So you saved a couple of bucks on balancing and other shit, but that's not the point...What happened to good old unwritten loyalty. I am in the business myself and things like that really would **** me off. A great thank you did not make him $$$ because it was spent somewhere else.
But go ahead and order your little bolts from him because he is such a great guy.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do business differently. If I had Scott do all the leg work and configurations and what not I would have given him the business and scraps to the local tire place. So you saved a couple of bucks on balancing and other shit, but that's not the point...What happened to good old unwritten loyalty. I am in the business myself and things like that really would **** me off. A great thank you did not make him $$$ because it was spent somewhere else.
But go ahead and order your little bolts from him because he is such a great guy.

@SZDZMTR , as I understand where you are coming from and understand your criticism, I don't fully agree with you in this particular instance. I posted some questions on a wheel thread (in general, not aimed at Scott) and Scott approached me via PM and asked what I was looking for. I told him and he gave me some options. When it came to pricing I told him up front that I would most likely be using my local dealer as we do a ton of business with them, and they can provide some things that Scott's company could not. He understood and asked I get back to him with what I would end up doing. As for what I saved I don't consider almost $150 a few bucks. I'm not sure what kind of money tree you own, but to insist I spend my money blindly would be an ignorant statement on your part. For a forum that has "big **** syndrome" for who paid the lowest price for their Raptor it's amazing you get chastised for saving money on the things you end up putting on that Raptor. I am not a cheap person, but to say that I should spend an extra $150 on an $700 purchase would be quite stupid.

In the short time that I have spent here as an FRF member(less than a month) I have purchased from three FRF vendors. RPG, Rappy Graphics, and Apollo Optics. CUSTOMWHEELS4U will be my fourth once I add the $80 purchase of "little bag of bolts" as I did appreciate his time he spent helping me. As for posting a measly thank you, I did so at Scott's request.

But hey, congrats to you for going on a rant and looking awesome. Enjoy your day sunshine.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now you are talking....lol
Your second post makes a whole lot more sense than your first one. I am not trying to be awesome or what ever. I just wrote exactly what I thought initially. Not ashamed to say what I think . That's just me. Shoot first, ask later...
I will be man enough to say I apologize for misunderstanding your post. Have fun with your truck and new wheels. Do not forget to post pictures.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get a bit butt-hurt as I do agree with you about supporting vendors and whatnot and I probably could have made myself a bit more clear in my previous post. I will post pics for sure on the After Market Wheel Thread. There were lots of people asking Scott what was closest to stock offset and these are it. I'm sure people would like to see them on the truck. If this can help him sell a set or two or three I would feel better about it as well.