Scored Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ever happened with Ford when they said they were stepping up to stop ridiculous dealer ADM markups. 20%+ seems ridiculous to me.
All just talk, they won't be able to control it unless they go to a direct consumer model. They can puff up their chest saying dealers won't get allocations, but that is just pipe dream, even if they did that, the dealers will do what they do here now, they buy up other dealers allocation at MSRP, then flip it for 30K ADM. Ken Grody does this all the time, that is how they are able to call themselves Americas #1 Raptor Dealer

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ever happened with Ford when they said they were stepping up to stop ridiculous dealer ADM markups. 20%+ seems ridiculous to me.
Because they love the attention and want to maintain hype. Theres a perception that Fords are highly desirable. If Ford told their dealers to stop the ADM's, they would be perceived as just another car. Imagine being that guy that pays stupid money for a mustang and an F150?

AC4400

Reaction score
As I said in other threads here I was first in line at my dealership which is small, they haven’t been notified of an allocation nor was I holding my breath the day I ordered it. Seriously doubt I’ll ever see the order, if by some miracle it gets a vin I will not pay a cent over MSRP. The GM gave me his word that it would be MSRP.

If he breaks this I simply won’t do business with them in the future as I buy a lot of Fords. If I get one great if not I still have a F250 Tremor to drive. The truck would be nice but some of the threads on instagram and Facebook of people paying 20 to 50 over really amazes me. The old adage “A fool and his money are soon parted” applies in these cases.

I get on here to try to educate myself about the Raptor ordering and allocation process. Which seems much more selective/viscous than the F250 hoops I jumped though last year.

I’ll be eating the popcorn over here in the corner watching the influx of threads titled I GOT ONE start rolling in at a higher frequency.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cant just edit your OP and make it seem like we are all crazy. I quoted your original post. You can see how it would lead one to believe you said "Only allocation in texas"

Finally scored the only allocation in texas for the R! Settled at 20k$ adm as so many other dealers are 40-60k$ and above. Got my confirmation and ford performance shows it sent to the plant for processing so they indeed had an allocation! Awesome!
I never said I had the only one in texas! I said I had the only one at the dealer I ordered from!