Scored a 2022 for MSRP - Is this legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I wish they would charge you a ADM as I cannot stand people from out of state (especially CA) taking TX MSRP allocations. But hey, dealer is a ho obviously. He could have sold that locally for MSRP and kept service local.

Enjoy the truck it will be fun.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds legit....for 2022 it seems like the ADM is less based on posting here and many getting MSRP orders.....also that truck has a lot of options so they will make at least 6 or 7k off of the sale at MSRP not to mention the interest rate.

in terms of financing...no big deal there...ive done it before to save 2k on a jeep....if you want to be nice to the dealer refinance after 3 months (I think that is what they need to get their bonus), otherwise just refinance the next day or so....who cares what the rate is....I actually asked the dealer to raise the interest rate if it made my dealer better and I got another $500 off for an extra 2% (I also have 800+ credit score and financed at around 7%....refinanced after 3 months to 2.4% with light stream in 5 minutes online)

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds legit....for 2022 it seems like the ADM is less based on posting here and many getting MSRP orders.....also that truck has a lot of options so they will make at least 6 or 7k off of the sale at MSRP not to mention the interest rate.

in terms of financing...no big deal there...ive done it before to save 2k on a jeep....if you want to be nice to the dealer refinance after 3 months (I think that is what they need to get their bonus), otherwise just refinance the next day or so....who cares what the rate is....I actually asked the dealer to raise the interest rate if it made my dealer better and I got another $500 off for an extra 2% (I also have 800+ credit score and financed at around 7%....refinanced after 3 months to 2.4% with light stream in 5 minutes online)
@JerseyMike - i am doing the same thing. Just picked mine up but dealer had to get the financing even though i was able to get 1.89 through my bank. So will refinance once I get the loan info. Did not think about what you say above to get even more off at a higher rate. Next time!

And maybe we will pass each other on the road one day soon, i am in Freehold!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Finance at dealer, refinance a couple months later with your bank or CU. Makes everybody happy. Except carfax that ends up showing 2 owners coz they still don’t understand refinancing.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealerships makes alot of $$ when you finance through them. With an 800+ credit score you will able to get a better rate. So finance with then for MRSP BUT 1 month later refinance the loan with your bank or with a credit union. I do this often. If they want to play then I will play.

:)

Fergs

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
I worked as a Personal Loan Officer for 5 years and saw this happen more times than not. They will want you to stay with their financing for 3 months and will sometimes state there is a "penalty for paying off before that". I not once in 5 years and thousands of auto loans saw a penalty when reviewing my customers contracts.

If you do go down that route to save money (smart move!) reach out to your bank ahead of time and have your bank pull credit the same day as the dealership does. This will minimize the hit to your credit and make the refinance as easy as possible. You more than likely will need to wait for loan paperwork to be mailed to you to provide your bank, but that's only a couple days of interest.

Rather spend 5 days of interest than $10k over asking!

Congrats in advance on the truck!

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have mentioned. They said their interest rates are typically 1.7 - 3.2%. But that's just in an email. Nothing official. But we will see!
Take the deal and then refi with a low interest lender of your choice. I have done it several times, ignore when they tell you that you have to make x payments before you refi, you will get MSRP and a low rate. You will pay interest at the higher rate until you refi, Fastest I did one was 2 weeks so no big hit. Congrats and good luck!

Rvdude

Reaction score
If you signed and left a deposit you can officially grab yourself some popcorn and join the wait.

My 22 order just went in today as well. MSRP at a CA dealer! Called about 40 different dealers both in and out of state. Never thought I would get sticker in CA.