Schwab tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does Les Schwab have any tires worth considering? I'm about to need new rubber and I'm looking around.

Schwab has great service in my normal driving areas. That does mean quite a bit to me. They will get any brand but if I should need a replacement, it's more likely to be in stock.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember some members a few years ago mentioning buying tires from there. I'm sure they can get whatever you want, if they price match it might be a good idea to get other prices from competitors. What are you looking for KO2's, Nitto's?

I found these available, seems freaking expensive: link

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Schwab used to be amazing when the old man was calling the shots. Now they are just another corporate train wreck.

Strongly recommend Discount Tire for all your wheel and tire needs.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Compare prices, Schwab brand tires are really high priced. I haven't seen anyone on this forum using them on their Raptor, that should tell you something. As far as other named brands tire's best place is Discount tires as heybear mentioned.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a bunch of Discount tires around my area and I use one that is close buy. They are close to BMW/Audi/Merc/Maserati and do a bunch of higher end cars so they are good when it comes to mounting and dismounting. They have great tire insurance and lifetime balance/rotate and with them being national, you can always find a store which can support you no matter where you are. Plus they price match any tire which you can provide them a visual price. I have bought plenty from tire rack but if there is a warranty issue, you are dealing with internet and not brick and mortar which is very convenient.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at KO2s most likely. I've had very good luck with them in all conditions. Last set was around $1500. I'll need new pressure sensors. Mine are 10 years old.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Discount Tire - talk about a train wreck.
Myself and many others on this forum have had our wheels destroyed at Discount Tire.

That being stated, it doesn't mean there aren't good ones that exist. Just be wary.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Discount Tire - talk about a train wreck.
Myself and many others on this forum have had our wheels destroyed at Discount Tire.

That being stated, it doesn't mean there aren't good ones that exist. Just be wary.
Vet your particular store. I've been to two good DTs and one bad one. The bad one was in a low rent part of town, I don't know if there's a correlation or not. I can think of reasons for a correlation that sound good to me, but it might just be luck. Between them rotating my OEM tires for free and my forty-year history with them, I'm planning to buy my next set there.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Les Schwab for tires, especially for my wife's car, that way no matter where she is there is a shop that will help her as best as possible (they have great service and every town in Oregon (Washington, Idaho too) has a Les Schwab).
As for truck tires, yeah, I get most from there, my winter tires are Toyo MTs that I purchased at LS-had them drilled & studded along with siped-but they are more expensive, summer tires are General Grabber Xs MTs that I bought in spring 2021 and had LS install them. I would have purchased tires from LS this last spring, but with the tire shortage I had to just find tires and bought the Generals from TireRack. My Jeep has a set of Maxxis BigHorn MTs for winter and BFG KM2s for summer (Maxxis from LS, BFGs from Discount-LS could get the BFGs but almost twice the $$ and at the time BFG was only mfr making mud tires in the 33" size to fit without a lift).
For service and warranty, I go with LS, unless the cost is just too much for mud tires.
For truck tires LS carries Maxxis, Dean/Cooper, and some Toyos in stock, and, they can order about anything you want, but if you have a tire failure they won't have the other brands in stock, and you will have to wait for a replacement if needed....they will warranty any tire they sell and the warranty is built into the price (Discount, which there is one here in town, sells the warranty as extra, plus they charge for rotations and re-balance, which for truck tires, especially mud tires or large sizes, they really should be re-balanced every time you have them rotated).
I like the Toyos the best, and they are USA made although Japanese owned; Maxxis are good, mostly, but are made in Taiwan; Dean/Cooper are USA made and now owned by Goodyear, but I think I read they are/were bought out by someone else, but can't seem to find anything on it.
I like the General Grabber X3s I bought, General is USA made, owned by Continental Tire based in Germany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts