School me on overland racks w/ a Bed-Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’d be happy to support if you can do better than this. Free shipping so this is the OTD price.

0913f9b761a04974d79d8e6a2de258c2.png

We've got all that. Sent you a PM. I would recommend the SkyLine bars over the BaseLine as the BaseLine bars to not fit Landing Pad 1 to mount to the XR rails.

Last edited:

k9driver

Reaction score
I am running a Gunner Kennel set up in the backseat for my dog. I am trying to get Goose Gear to design a rear seat delete where I have mounting points for the cage and fridge. But yea, the only downside on the RTT is that you can only fit two people up top (and maybe a kid). You could always attach an annex room on the side of the tent for an extra sleeping spot.

The camper cost me $7500 and I have another $500 in accessories from GFC (bed sheets, ladder, wind skid, and so on), so about $8k total. Yea, it sounds like a lot of money, but by the time you buy a topper, RTT, roof rack, and so on, you are not that far from that price point. And the GFC is going to weigh a lot less than those set ups with a better center of gravity, while also having a lot more durability too.

The big selling point for me is just how easy it opens and closes—I was tired of dickering around with my other RTT set ups.

Please post pictures and a review once you get your GFC.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading up on bed covers and overland racks. This was a really informative thread. Anybody got updates on their latest setups and what they've learned?

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my retrax xr with front runner slim 2 rack and ikamper skycamp 2.0. Got the rack from nick over at Apollo. Guy got it to me in a week when the other places I checked were out of stock. He’s the man!

87992B0A-84C4-40F7-A3B5-E85F31B49529.jpeg

ADAE751C-128B-4612-91BE-80EBEE72E551.jpeg

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my retrax xr with front runner slim 2 rack and ikamper skycamp 2.0. Got the rack from nick over at Apollo. Guy got it to me in a week when the other places I checked were out of stock. He’s the man!

View attachment 156329

View attachment 156330

I was looking at this combination, and one thing I wasn't sure about was how secure the rack would be if it's just slotted into the Retrax channels (vs. bolted to the bed), given the top-heavy weight of the RTT that I worried might pull the rack out of the tracks - or at least loosen it. I'll be curious to know how your combo does over time. It's super clean looking, very nice.

Last edited:

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this combination (eventually decided to go with BAK revolver/RCI rack, since they're compatible). One thing I wasn't sure about was how secure the rack would be if it's just slotted into the Retrax channels (vs. bolted to the bed), given the top-heavy weight of the RTT that I worried might pull the rack out of the tracks - or at least loosen it. I'll be curious to know how your combo does over time. It's super clean looking, very nice.
Thanks man. I’ve had it for a month now. Have driven thru 30mph winds at highway speeds handful of time and have used it a handful of times too. Every so often I’ll check the brackets n give it the ol wiggle test n it seems to be ok.

im hoping it last over time too.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score