Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

School me on overland racks w/ a Bed-Cover

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Psirus7, Apr 4, 2020.

1. JohnC12

JohnC12 Full Access Member

I just watched a YouTube vid where Maxx Powell had a CBI rack installed and his cover fit with it. But I'm not sure which cover he's using.

Donm likes this.
  2. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If you’ve already got the Retrax PRO MX, you can contact Retrax directly and purchase the XR rails only. You’ll keep the same canister that you have now, just a rail swap. Then you have a much wider array of options for racks and gear. Be glad to go over those options with you if you’d like.

Proflyer and JP77 like this.
  3. SCMike

SCMike Full Access Member

No problem for me with the XR rails. I’ve got the XR rails with the Yakima outpost HD and Tepui Autana 4 tent. I took this set up to Baja for 5 days and it held up great. I was a little worried day one, but after I realized it held up fine through the San Felipe whoops, I hammered it for the rest of the trip.

2F402FA4-AB19-42E3-9764-F0937EF8DFD0.jpeg

668D8448-1B1E-4AF1-BBCA-3B336EFD7AA4.jpeg

4. Phil O

Phil O Full Access Member

What happened to your bumper?

5. Maddog77

Maddog77 Member

6. SCMike

SCMike Full Access Member

I got rear ended on the trip by another member. Still working to try and get it covered by my Mexico insurance.

7. alcoolaid

alcoolaid Full Access Member

8. swedensky

swedensky Full Access Member

Frontrunner Slimline II
    Roam Vagabond RTT

77DDBBE2-527F-45E4-BC0B-08DBE8CFF823.jpeg 4FAA4D52-6E8A-427F-97AF-379806CA9DEB.jpeg

9. AKC APPA

AKC APPA Member

I installed the Retrax system for my bedcover. One model comes with rails and Yakima cross bars. I’m getting the iKamper hard shell tent as I write this post.

10. amREADY

amREADY Full Access Member

XR rails and Overhaul HD on the lowest setting for me (18"), unless you went with the fixed height which are around 14 or 15". Problem with the lower ones is depending on your height, if you run a RTT, you can't stand under it or set up an annex or awning and stand fully upright. At 18", I am bang on at 6'2" and boots. maybe an inch to spare.

with the overhaul to rail adapters for the XR, rated capacities are 500 lbs street, (300 lbs on the rack itself offroad )and with the adapters, down to 180 lbs offroad. So, with a Tepui ruggedized Autana 3 I am basically at capacity before awning or anything else.

But those racks go to 30" extended. Nobody says they will hold X lbs at 30" and Y lbs offroad at 18". It is just a blanket number.

Also, using a raptor vs a normal truck, the suspension and tires take up a LOT of the harder hits offroad.

I just got back from a rough, long trip last week and had no play at all on the setup. It was rock solid.

So, for what its worth.

[​IMG]

SCMike likes this.