School me on off road GPS systems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running a android tablet with backcountry navigator and you can import motion x files from anyone with an iPad. The only bad thing is you need to download any map files before you head out because if you don't have Internet the maps won't load unless you downloaded them beforehand.

Here is how my tablet is mounted.

That setup looks really good. Is you view off the front right obstructed at all?

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running a android tablet with backcountry navigator and you can import motion x files from anyone with an iPad. The only bad thing is you need to download any map files before you head out because if you don't have Internet the maps won't load unless you downloaded them beforehand.
Here is how my tablet is mounted.

What mount is that?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
For those guys using Leadnav, am I missing something or are you limited to downloading 50mb tiles at a time? I will be here for hours just downloading enough maps for a weekend!

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SilverBack is that a custom mount?
I too have a Samsung tablet and trying to figure out mounting options. I really like yours, seems secure and nothing sticking to any glass.

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SilverBack is that a custom mount?
I too have a Samsung tablet and trying to figure out mounting options. I really like yours, seems secure and nothing sticking to any glass.

I built the mount that I use it is very secure I've done 500+ miles offroad in the north Maine woods, it has also been to the Phoenix course in Ohio and I've had zero problems no matter how many times I jump the truck. Only thing is vibration when going over washboard sections but I can live with that.