GEN 1 SCabs with Sony - Replacing Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to look into the Rockford Fosgate P300-10t. I've had a few customers tell me it fits without any issues. I had a couple in stock, if interested send me an email to [email protected] or send me a DM.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Has anyone tried removing the paneling behind the rear seat on a SCREW it seems to “float out” quite a bit in certain areas and was wondering if cut out for the self contained 10” Kicker 46HS10 would allow the seats to be raised.
i have the 46hs10 under my rear passenger seat where the factory sub was. Fits hidden away perfectly. That being said, I only recommend it if you want something with good high to mid bass, ie country, classic rock, etc. if you want something good for low end bass, ie rap, look elsewhere. It sounds bad. Im looking into swapping it out and mounting my jl shallow 10 and amp either behind the seat in the same cutout area you’re talking about or below the rear passenger as well if I can find a box small enough to fit there

Justbob

Reaction score
i have the 46hs10 under my rear passenger seat where the factory sub was. Fits hidden away perfectly. That being said, I only recommend it if you want something with good high to mid bass, ie country, classic rock, etc. if you want something good for low end bass, ie rap, look elsewhere. It sounds bad. Im looking into swapping it out and mounting my jl shallow 10 and amp either behind the seat in the same cutout area you’re talking about or below the rear passenger as well if I can find a box small enough to fit there
Did you pick up the line input from the rear speakers or the input for the old subwoofer?

Justbob

Reaction score
you need to get signal from the front door speakers
Couldn’t remember which one you said had more signal range. I realize the 46hs10 is on the “lower end “ of performance in general, but do you think you would hear a difference between front speaker signal, rear speaker signal and original factory sub input?
I created a 2X4 box of the same dimensions and while the seat won’t latch up, I could still raise it to gain ample access to the space where the factory sub is. Once removed, I would only be accessing that area occasionally for stored items and if it was for a short time, figure I could bungee the seat 3/4 of the way up.
So the result would be gain more under seat space and give a (moderate ?) enhancement to the stereo systems bass ??? (For $400 and a couple of hours)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t remember which one you said had more signal range. I realize the 46hs10 is on the “lower end “ of performance in general, but do you think you would hear a difference between front speaker signal, rear speaker signal and original factory sub input?
I created a 2X4 box of the same dimensions and while the seat won’t latch up, I could still raise it to gain ample access to the space where the factory sub is. Once removed, I would only be accessing that area occasionally for stored items and if it was for a short time, figure I could bungee the seat 3/4 of the way up.
So the result would be gain more under seat space and give a (moderate ?) enhancement to the stereo systems bass ??? (For $400 and a couple of hours)
yes you will hear a difference. i would stick to using the front speakers for signal. as far as the box goes, its your call. i build boxes out of fiberglass for the gen 1 crewcabs that fit in the oem location to fit a 10" subwoofer. i personally have a box that runs full length of the rear seat with 2 10" subwoofers and a storage space in the middle since im not using my under seat for anything. i havent been too pleased with those micro sub setups, but im more into sq than most so its different than what you might be satisfied with