SCAB values

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gromacki33

Gromacki33

Reaction score
I bought my 17 SCAB for 45k with 36k miles and CPO. Came with methods, tonneu, nfab rear bumper w/ rigid lights, and rigid light fog kit and fully loaded and KBB on it now with 42k miles private sale is 44k-48k so i guess ill make out decent if i sell now

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All used car prices are up. Trade ins are up. Deals on new cars have dried up. A ridiculous amount of money got injected into our economy. More money chasing the same goods means rising prices. Basic stuff.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility that the 2021 SCAB is going to have 4 conventional opening doors like everyone else has gone to and that's why it looks like no more SCABs? Or do they still show a SCAB option for the other f150s?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Scab to fit my needs now, if the resale is decent down the road when I’m done with it that’d be great. Scarcity is a good driver of markets, so if Ford axes the Scab Raptor I do think the value will be higher than it might’ve been otherwise.

I spent more than I planned by about $3500 because my ordered truck was messed up and I had to buy what I could find, which wasn’t much for an 802A this late in the cycle. $2K in decals is money absolutely wasted because it doesn’t even show up as an option for the book value. Beadlocks and bedliner actually show up, so not as wasteful. Oh well, I love the Raptor.

The diesel truck I recently sold was the cheapest cost of ownership I’ve had on a vehicle. I paid $21,900 for the truck in 2008 (when diesel first hit $5 per gallon and people were dumping them), drove it for 12 years and 105K miles, and sold it for $18,500 last month. It was the regular cab model, so not as desirable as a crew cab, but it sold in 3 weeks. I had probably $6K in aftermarket parts and maybe $4K in maintenance/tires and repairs in 12 years. That truck didn’t owe me anything, I certainly feel like I made money on it since it only cost me about $1100 per year to own. Most vehicles I’ve had seem to cost about $5-6K per year to own. My Raptor probably lost most of what that diesel cost me in 12 years in depreciation when I drove off the lot.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's kinda hit an miss. Not as many people want SCAB's so technically you're less likely to get a buyer quickly because less people are looking for them. But when you find somebody that has to have one you are in a good position because they are so scarce. I had the guy that owns Machine Gun Vegas offer me quite a bit on my 14 SCAB with 40k miles because he had to have a SCAB. I ultimately backed out of the deal even though I was about sell the truck for what I paid in 2014. Wasn't ready to let go yet though.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about sales tax!

If I sold my scab right now I'd probably make back the sales tax and any accessories. maybe a little more.

at the end of the day would probably not be worth the time to do that.

ssteve

Reaction score
About three months since the last post in this thread and it seems as if prices have only gone up since then. When searching auto trader etc, across the country it seems theres very few scabs even available at all but they still sell about 5-7 grand less than a similarly equipped screw.

I feel like its going to be similar to the notchback fox body mustangs. There wont be much market for them until most of them have been beat to death in like 10 years and then a clean scab will fetch a premium and fill a very niche market. If your that into them it might be worth holding on to as I don't think anything in the near future will fill that void. Possibly a raptor/warthog bronco but only if they do a 2 door which I haven't seen any spy shots or info that leads me to believe they will.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About three months since the last post in this thread and it seems as if prices have only gone up since then. When searching auto trader etc, across the country it seems theres very few scabs even available at all but they still sell about 5-7 grand less than a similarly equipped screw.

I feel like its going to be similar to the notchback fox body mustangs. There wont be much market for them until most of them have been beat to death in like 10 years and then a clean scab will fetch a premium and fill a very niche market. If your that into them it might be worth holding on to as I don't think anything in the near future will fill that void. Possibly a raptor/warthog bronco but only if they do a 2 door which I haven't seen any spy shots or info that leads me to believe they will.

A 2 door go fast Bronco would be a bad idea, the short wheelbase would make it less than stable at speed. I personally would want a 2 door go fast Bronco, but I’m an outlier.

I sold my Scab Raptor in September with 1100 miles on the odometer for $73,000. I got what I paid for it at the dealer including all taxes and fees and lost the accessories I’d purchased (Diamondback cover, ceramic and clear bra, console safe, and a couple smaller things). I was down about $3000 for the 6 weeks and 1100 miles of ownership. I felt like if I held onto it for a year and put 12-15K miles on it I would’ve lost $10K+ in value over the year with the 2021/2022 coming out. I sold it because of a cross country move for a new career, so holding it longer wasn’t my prerogative.

Last edited:

ssteve

Reaction score
I’d say you did as well for yourself as you could on that deal. Insane they would give you that much. I’m in the market for a gen2 and going back and forth. Like the looks of the scab and would most likely enjoy the driving dynamics a bit more as well but I only plan to keep it two years tops so trying to make sure I don’t put myself in a bad spot.

Looking at a 17 scab 802a with 35k on it for 46000. I’ll probably put 8-10k miles a year on it so I’m thinking in two years with 55k on the clock I might be around $38k. So $4000 a year roughly. Then I look at a similar situation with a screw and I’d be looking at paying an easy 10 grand more. Say 56k for the same truck in a screw. I think the probability of it dropping below $48k is probably and in the meantime I’m paying 9.5% tax on that extra 10 grand as well as higher registration and higher insurance.

A 2 door go fast Bronco would be a bad idea, the short wheelbase would make it less than stable at speed. I personally would want a 2 door go fast Bronco, but I’m an outlier.

I sold my Scab Raptor in September with 1100 miles on the odometer for $73,000. I got what I paid for it at the dealer including all taxes and fees and lost the accessories I’d purchased (Diamondback cover, ceramic and clear bra, console safe, and a couple smaller things). I was down about $3000 for the 6 weeks and 1100 miles of ownership. I felt like if I held onto it for a year and put 12-15K miles on it I would’ve lost $10K+ in value over the year with the 2021/2022 coming out. I sold it because of a cross country move for a new career, so holding it longer wasn’t my prerogative.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at a 17 scab 802a with 35k on it for 46000. I’ll probably put 8-10k miles a year on it so I’m thinking in two years with 55k on the clock I might be around $38k. So $4000 a year roughly. Then I look at a similar situation with a screw and I’d be looking at paying an easy 10 grand more. Say 56k for the same truck in a screw. I think the probability of it dropping below $48k is probably and in the meantime I’m paying 9.5% tax on that extra 10 grand as well as higher registration and higher insurance.
That’s a decent deal in these times. A year ago I paid 50k for an 802a 2017 with 23k on it. At the time even a 2014 with 40-50k miles was going for $45k... I wouldn’t assume you’ll be under $40k after two years.