SCAB values

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a scab also, but I don't think it will "hold" its value. If you are planning on having to sell it, you should sell now, not later, these are not collector vehicles and will go down in value every year. Now if you had the last scab made in '20, that one might hold or continue to climb in value.

or....the last year Gen 1 6.2L Scab....just saying....:33:...mine has gone up in value and even thought didnt buy for that...still nice to know if I keep it in good condition,will not lose any $$ on it.....cant say that about many Pick-ups...;)

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or....the last year Gen 1 6.2L Scab....just saying....:33:...mine has gone up in value and even thought didnt buy for that...still nice to know if I keep it in good condition,will not lose any $$ on it.....cant say that about many Pick-ups...;)

you think your 16 is worth the same as it was when you bought it?

no way bro

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at 2014 SCABs and their crazy pricing is what put me in a 2017. Last fall a gen 1 special edition with around/under 40k miles was like $45k. I got my 2017 with 23k for $50k. Both were all loaded up.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you think your 16 is worth the same as it was when you bought it?

no way bro

Actually,its a 2014...and actually YES....it has gone up in value since I bought it....I'm 2nd owner,bought used,and if a guy buys right and buys mint,like I did....doubt there is much downside.....But do agree with you if I was the guy who bought mine NEW....he took the beating not me,and had almost $80K into it when I bought it...

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I bought a used truck in excellent condition for $1 from a rich relative, it would increase in value as well, no matter how big the beating was for the original owner. Good job on getting a great deal. There aren't that many out there.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually,its a 2014...and actually YES....it has gone up in value since I bought it....I'm 2nd owner,bought used,and if a guy buys right and buys mint,like I did....doubt there is much downside.....But do agree with you if I was the guy who bought mine NEW....he took the beating not me,and had almost $80K into it when I bought it...

there is a difference between the going rate being higher than what you paid and the actual value going up.

D

Deleted member 17706

The Gen 2 SCABs depreciate more than the SCREWs. I don't have kids and hardly have anyone ride with me, so the SCAB is a perfect fit for me. After owning 3 SCREWs, I was set on getting a SCAB this year. But when I was doing a market analysis at the beginning of the year (Jan-Mar), the number differences between a SCAB and SCREW was pretty significant. I was shocked because the Gen 1 SCABs held their value as well as the SCREWs—not the case for the Gen 2s. Given that both trucks essentially cost the same, I wasn't going to throw several grand away on depreciation just to have two less doors and a smaller fuel tank. Ford would not axe a model if there was demand for it.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last I checked super cab and super crews are not the same price to begin with.

Makes sense to axe the model. less than 10% are supercabs.

from looking at current prices. looks like my supercab 17 is going for a few thousand more than when I bought it 6 months ago. don't care much

D

Deleted member 17706

last I checked super cab and super crews are not the same price to begin with.

Makes sense to axe the model. less than 10% are supercabs.

from looking at current prices. looks like my supercab 17 is going for a few thousand more than when I bought it 6 months ago. don't care much

Yea, they have different MSRP figures, but you can easily buy a Raptor at invoice, so the difference between the two is mostly negated. Of course what options you choose influences the numbers as well.