SCAB to SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the luxury in time on your side wait and find exactly what you are looking for. Drive a SCREW just for comparison, and see what options that you had and maybe some additional or ones that you didn't need.

Don't be afraid to buy a truck out of state, just do your homework, see what paperwork they kept as far as service records, see if they are on any forum and poke around to see what they have posted hopefully to get an idea of how they they treated their Raptor.Carfax is worth it and see if it has an extended warranty or if you can get one if you really want one. Personally I went through Flood Ford for mine

Here is a spec sheet on both trucks, I don't know how at 172 pounds less can make it feel lighter and nimble, just throw out one male passenger and there goes the 172 pounds.

Breakover and departure angle are so very close to each other

You gain 12 inches in wheelbase which will make the ride different just like tire pressure will do the same.

The overall length is just under 12 inches longer with the SCREW. That came into play for me because once the truck is in the garage there is no way around it unless I open up the garage door or remove the 20 inch wide workbench that is in front of it, something I really don't want to do, but it does fit and allow me to close the door
Good luck on your quest and keep us posted as to what you have found

His plates are from Pennsylvania and he mentions the truck is
located Rogers, Arkansas. Why and will it ever be back in PA for you to see it in person?

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL at the ‘sports car’ comments. The Raptor is about as far from a sports car as you can find and still daily drive.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove 3 Screws before I found the Scab. It was cheaper and had lower miles 85k. The back seat is smaller but my kids are out of the house. It fits in my garage and fits in parking stalls better.

IMG_20210124_141518_033.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a SCAB and looked long and hard for it. I’ve never had a truck before so the extra size was really something I didn’t want to deal with. After driving it for over a year I don’t think a SCREW would be all that hard to live with. And having the kids seats farther back that they’re not kicking my seats would be nice.
It's called the back of your hand! Joking.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would buy a truck off this forum from an enthusiast before I went to a used lot. You have the ability to check out the member if they have a decent amount of post's.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
LOL at the ‘sports car’ comments. The Raptor is about as far from a sports car as you can find and still daily drive.
Yes, but it is miles closer to a sports car than any other truck, save for the TRX.. maybe. The sports car guys think it's like paddling a canoe through mud, the truck guys think it's like a sports car.