Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Scab owners: Do your doors rattle?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by b0yd07, Jun 10, 2019.

1. isis

isis FRF Addict

Can you ask your kid to type that for you?

Oldfart likes this.
  2. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

:happy175:

3. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

Comes down to this- when Ford made the plunge to all AL body sheet they had to replace ALL their presses @ truck factories. The steel
    Presses couldn’t be converted for use w/ the AL sheet. They probably put a lot of R&D into it....but at the end of the day anytime you make a big change on an assembly line there’s going to be some mistakes. It’s 1000000% likely Ford knows this issue very well.....& has zero plans/desire to fix it. Why? Because very few people buy scab trucks- raptor or otherwise. Therefore It’s an isolated issue - in their minds. Not worth chasing down- maybe next body style will have eliminated it. But....my guess is won’t be an issue b/c they will discontinue scab, what’s the point? You either want a back seat/extra doors or you don’t- who the F says, yeah give me the shitty small awkward opening backseat truck that has diminished resale value over the one w/ big ass normal doors & more room for chump change difference in MSRP? Not very many people. Does it “look”
    Better? Eh? Maybe depending on preference.

I think would make a whole helluvalot more sense to offer a bare bones strippy regular cab 2 door version of the Raptor- maybe w/ a damn stick shift even- way more than it does to make a 1/2 ass 4 door scab. All the “benefits”
    Of the scab are enhanced by a regular cab- and for decidedly less money I’m sure.

my guess is 3rd Gen raptor will only offer SCREW though, period.

4. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

My 2017 SCAB didn't have any rattles and my 2020 SCAB doesn't either.
    I probably won't get a gen3 if they don't make a SCAB. I don't need a soccer mom Raptor.

isis, Gdog, Raptor Vet and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gdog

Gdog FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Scabs rule. No soccer mom truck.;)

NASSTY likes this.
  6. Tango_9

Tango_9 Full Access Member

My 12 rattled to the point I used surgical tubing in the seals, which helped but did not completely eliminate it. My 19, not enough “having fun time” yet to determine if they will rattle or not.