Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Scab owners: Do your doors rattle?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by b0yd07, Jun 10, 2019.

1. b0yd07

b0yd07 Full Access Member

My drivers side door is obnoxious. I think it is the front door is shaking around and tapping on the striker bar. The noise reverberates right around ear level behind the seatbelt... but it’s probably lower, at the latch area in reality.

For the longest time I thought it was a rattle inside the rear suicide door... took off all the trim to find it and couldn’t, do then I figured it was inside the aluminum clamshell. However after further experimenting, the noise stops if I hold the front door open a tad.

Dealer says it’s pretty common for the scabs, and they’ve always been troublesome.

My passenger side is whisper quiet, though. It’s f***ing annoying.... Immediately puts me in a bad mood every time I drive the truck.

Any tips? Any other owners experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

I've a light rattle, but best I can tell it is the outside trim panel (keyless entry) and/or the seatbelt loop. It was whisper quiet for the first year or two, even after lots of offroading, but eventually I started getting a bit of rattling and I still haven't pinned it down. Seems coincident with wind, as some days I'll get it and some days I won't.

I tried taping the post the driver door latches too, as I heard that usually fixed the problem for Gen 1 Scabs, but it did nothing for me except make the door harder to open and shut.

3. b0yd07

I’m the second owner of my truck. Got it with the striker bar duct taped... guarantee he sold it because of this.

19PANDA likes this.
  4. Mike cip

Mike cip Member

maybe it was in an accident?

5. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have athletic tape on my Gen 1. It can make the doors a little sticky to open.

Got mine new and it's always made noise. No accidents.

I wish ford would just use a B pillar and a small rear door opposed to the clam shell design. I think Ford is the only company still doing this.

6. Turbo95max

Turbo95max Full Access Member

I had rattles on my Gen 1 and now the Gen 2 is starting to develop a similar rattle. I solved the Gen 1 rattle with electrical tape on the door striker. There was some info before with people using surgical tubing or something in the weather seals to help with rattles.

7. OPT PRIME

OPT PRIME Full Access Member

Nothing a Borla Extreme exhaust can’t cover up. Then it’ll be the cilia in your ears vibrating instead of the door. Maybe both...

Diesel71 likes this.
  8. NotBlake

NotBlake Member

Yep I've got the same rattle in my 19. 1K miles. Had the same rattle in my 17. Sounds like it's right by your ear, but I agree, probably lower. Price to pay for the right size Raptor I guess.

rtmozingo likes this.
  9. NHbeast

NHbeast Full Access Member

Mine too.
    Drivers side.
    Sounds like it is coming from the upper seat belt attachment.
    I'll try the tape solution on the striker.
    Been thinking about tearing into the rear door.
    It is irritating on wavy pavement, sets up the rattle.

10. b0yd07

Don’t bother taking the panel off, you won’t find anything loose. Next time you’re on the wavy pavement crack your door open and it will stop immediately.

I’m going to try putting some tape on it too. Drives me nuts.

I’m really curious why this is only the driver’s side doing it to people...