Sb intake/awe 2fg CEL come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed an sb intake and awe 2fg and now CEL comes on. Has anyone had this same issue with this combo or similar combos.

Had the 2fg on for a bit now and had that intake sitting around So installed it yesterday. I get the ford app stating "an improper connection/installation of the engine crankcase hoses and sealing system".
I know it's the intake but never had this issue with my '18 raptor. But did not have an exhaust on my '18 either.
I know I will have to remove the intake and put stocker back on and then send it in to clear the code.
Just curious to see what other did or had this issue in general.
Much appreciated

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not the 2FG, several of us have that exhaust and no issues. best guess, go back and check the intake install, if nothing obvious, pull it and return to stock. The intake won’t get us any hp/tq anyway, by itself without a tune and even then it’s questionable.

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it was the install of the intake. Drove for about 50km and **** there's the light. Runs and drives normal still but yeah going to switch it back to stock. And try to sell it since it's no good to me and don't plan on tuning my truck.
Yeah I know the exhaust won't do it too.
Thanks @smurfslayer

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet you a McChicken that it's P04DB CEL related to the intake. The MAF sensor is crazy sensitive on my '20 and like you, I had a K&N that would cause a CEL randomly. I went nuts trying to figure out a solution, you can either:
a) tune it away (which I did for a while which is fine...)
Or
b) go back to stock which is what I did. You'll lose the whooshy noises but nobody has ever proven that you gain any power out of an intake on the High Output 3.5

Edit: LOL H-O is a banned word

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a feeling they upped the sensitivity on certain sensors from 18 to the 19 and 20s. Hahaha I bet there will be a McCracken coming your directions. If I were to tune it then I would keep it since the more air coming in will be needed but yeah I will be putting it back to stock. The sb intake doesn't really add any sound effects so no lose just time lose @Braaaaptor