Sayin hello from the PNW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I've also got a LF Grey in the PNW. About an hour away from ******** Portland.

Have you tried giving Discount Tire a shot? Much better than Les Schwab IMO, only use them in a pinch in remote areas.

Lol, I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth; Except I'm only about 20 minutes from the ******** in OC. Glad to have the new Discount Tire shop close to home.

OP
OP
SeanM

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also got a LF Grey in the PNW. About an hour away from ******** Portland.

Have you tried giving Discount Tire a shot? Much better than Les Schwab IMO, only use them in a pinch in remote areas.

I have used Discount Tire for just tires in the past and always been happy. But having the springs updated this go around I preferred the regional backing of Les Schwab. Great crew at the Wilsonville store and like that they have remote locations and support in Eastern OR, WA and ID. Both are great imo.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Discount Tire for just tires in the past and always been happy. But having the springs updated this go around I preferred the regional backing of Les Schwab. Great crew at the Wilsonville store and like that they have remote locations and support in Eastern OR, WA and ID. Both are great imo.

I've just seen too many people ***** on their brake services. They basically hold you hostage by saying it's a safety hazard and make people replace parts that don't need to be replaced. I also had a very bad customer experience event about 15 years ago. Closed my credit account with them on the spot and never looked back. Discount Tire has been great ever since, plus tire selection and prices are way better. That said, you are right about remote locations, but I don't mind paying out of pocket for those isolated events if needed.

OP
OP
SeanM

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just seen too many people ***** on their brake services. They basically hold you hostage by saying it's a safety hazard and make people replace parts that don't need to be replaced. I also had a very bad customer experience event about 15 years ago. Closed my credit account with them on the spot and never looked back. Discount Tire has been great ever since, plus tire selection and prices are way better. That said, you are right about remote locations, but I don't mind paying out of pocket for those isolated events if needed.

That’s good to know on the brakes and too bad you had those experiences. Guess I’ve been more fortunate with them and always liked that they were a longtime family owned business in the area. That of course changed this past year but still really like the guys at my local store and they did an awesome job on my suspension.

Noticed you are out in Molalla. Great town and area. Have spent a lot of time on back roads from there out to Silverton and Detroit. Bummed about the impact of the fires from last Fall but still plenty of great places for camping and off road adventures in your back yard.

OP
OP
SeanM

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The high deserts and mountains in Eastern OR are my favorite parts of the state. The Steens and Strawberry mountain ranges are a couple of favorite destinations. Arguably some of the best motorcycle roads and off-roading areas in the country.

OP
OP
SeanM

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the General Store! Been a while but remember a great burger there too. Something is just better about milkshakes and burgers on that side of the state.