GEN 2 SAND ETCHED WINDOWS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
D7511E2B-ADF9-440B-9E31-DD8F8A12DCEB.jpeghas anyone else encountered this problem? I never had this problem with either of my Gen-1’s.
I off-road 2-3x a week, mostly desert & rocks.
The rear window seal is so tight that the windows would get etched if they weren’t all the way down or up. I had to use some superfine steel wool and Chemical Guys V-36 polish to get them out. I’ve tried using some spray on ceramic which has helped but not eliminated the problem.
Any suggestions for window treatment

33421B6F-F0B6-4572-987B-59FBF7D326E6.jpeg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cerium oxide and a buffer. Mask everything off before you try it, you DO NOT want the CE polish on your paint or seals. Glass is really hard, it's not like buffing paint. v36 will very likely not be aggressive enough, nice for paint though :). 3m, Griots and Glass Technology make a cerium polish specifically for cars, @AdamsPolishes may have something too. My experience was a buffer was a necessity.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the clear bra material on the windows? No idea if it will work, but its clear and pretty heavy duty.