Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 SAND ETCHED WINDOWS

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by John M, Apr 6, 2021.

Adam's Polishes
  1. John M

John M Full Access Member

D7511E2B-ADF9-440B-9E31-DD8F8A12DCEB.jpeg has anyone else encountered this problem? I never had this problem with either of my Gen-1’s.
    I off-road 2-3x a week, mostly desert & rocks.
    The rear window seal is so tight that the windows would get etched if they weren’t all the way down or up. I had to use some superfine steel wool and Chemical Guys V-36 polish to get them out. I’ve tried using some spray on ceramic which has helped but not eliminated the problem.
    Any suggestions for window treatment

33421B6F-F0B6-4572-987B-59FBF7D326E6.jpeg

2. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Cerium oxide and a buffer. Mask everything off before you try it, you DO NOT want the CE polish on your paint or seals. Glass is really hard, it's not like buffing paint. v36 will very likely not be aggressive enough, nice for paint though :). 3m, Griots and Glass Technology make a cerium polish specifically for cars, @AdamsPolishes may have something too. My experience was a buffer was a necessity.

John M likes this.
  3. moog5050

moog5050 Full Access Member

What about the clear bra material on the windows? No idea if it will work, but its clear and pretty heavy duty.

John M likes this.