Sand Dunes Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RayTech

Reaction score
the 13 definitely stil uses power steering fluid :yaoface2:

Had to go out and check! Sorry guys your right, only had it 6 months and I asked salesmen if it was electronic like my ecoboost and he said yes! Idiot.. I never cared to look because the tightness of the wheel was like it was, at least I know now before I ruined something!

Caliraptor2lit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about hosing down all the suspension with WD40 before I hit the dunes? Is that a good or bad idea? I'm just thinking about rust

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do these answers change when it comes to the 2018? ESP for flat landing when jumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire pressure is the key, I run the same as skyscrapper above, I have been at 14 psi and have done tons of donuts at silver lake and not lost the bead on stock tires. I run manual when I'm climbing dunes but normally run in drive with everything above 3rd locked out. When it comes to jumps a downhill landing is key, flat is bad, take your time and find the right set up.

Agree with all of this. I leave mine in drive for most of it though, if you don't get on and off the throttle all the time I'm happy with the gear the trans picks most of the time so I don't bother with manual mode.

I ran most of my older trucks from 10-15 psi at Silver Lake. Have had my gen 2 out there twice this year already, first time I was lazy and didn't air down all the way, at 18 psi it rode a little rough still and I did get it stuck once. Was out there again on Monday, with 13 psi it was much better all around.

Re: jumping, the truck really doesn't have enough travel for its weight to land to flat (as mentioned). Downhills are better, but I've seen plenty of trucks get their front ends smashed off that I'm not going to do it with mine.