San Felipe with the Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Awesome write up! Thanks for that!

One question, what is the integrity of our factory running boards? Are they beefy enough to be called sliders? Or cheap a$$ steps?

Inquiring minds want to know!
They work great as intended. I’m scraping mine on boulders all the time and they hold up great.
I snapped one side off “leaving the Trail” in the Grand Canyon area on my 2010 ( carried to much speed into a corner I didn’t anticipate)
The brackets bent and detached from the frame as intended, so they don’t bend the frame. My guys at Ford were able to heat it up and bend it, mostly, back into place and reattach it :) saved me $1300 for one board.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an awesome trip. Question, what are chilaquiles?? Wikipedia makes them sound delicious!!!!!! Looks like a damn good time, great food and drinks and scenery, doesn't get much better than that. Jellyfish sting guy ok?

OP
OP
Christyle

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write up! Thanks for that!

One question, what is the integrity of our factory running boards? Are they beefy enough to be called sliders? Or cheap a$$ steps?

Inquiring minds want to know!

They work great as intended. I’m scraping mine on boulders all the time and they hold up great.
I snapped one side off “leaving the Trail” in the Grand Canyon area on my 2010 ( carried to much speed into a corner I didn’t anticipate)
The brackets bent and detached from the frame as intended, so they don’t bend the frame. My guys at Ford were able to heat it up and bend it, mostly, back into place and reattach it :) saved me $1300 for one board.

What he said ^^ I definitely set more weight on them than I wanted, and just had some underside scrapes. My buddy has broken one of his before, I ended up finding him a set on OfferUp for cheap. Most of what I see for sale are Gen2 ones though @John M so if it happens again take a look. I believe the 1st gen ones look slightly more substantial, but that's just because of the difference in holes in them, could be wrong.

What an awesome trip. Question, what are chilaquiles?? Wikipedia makes them sound delicious!!!!!! Looks like a damn good time, great food and drinks and scenery, doesn't get much better than that. Jellyfish sting guy ok?

They're my go-to Mexico breakfast, always seems to be one of the few constants on a menu down there, it's usually a pretty simple affair otherwise. They're all a bit different, but in general...they're pieces of corn tortillas/chips simmered/drenched/lightly coated in red or green sauce with some choice of cheese melted on top, usually eggs how you want them and refried beans on the side. I've had a few different versions, and each of them was different, and each of them was MILES ahead of anything I've had in the states. I think the skill comes in how you get them sauced without being soggy, they sound way heavier and greasy than they taste. Sometimes you can get a meat of choice added in, I think these were with Chicken. Fun fact, the Bloody Mary I got was more expensive than my plate of food.

Untitled.png

Great write up. I'v been to a lot of places around the world and Baja in a raptor is my favorite.

I've been to a lot of cool places, and Baja is definitely up there.