Salvage supercharged ‘11?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidwyby

Reaction score
Hi, new member in the SoCal desert down by Glamis. Thinking about getting an ‘11 from my brother. He is up in the mountains and a crawler suits him better. 123k mi. *Roush supercharged* He got it a year or two ago as a salvage, was stolen and recovered. Couple dents they don’t bother me much. More into go than show. We are long time off-roaders and a raptor has always been kind of a holy grail thing. They are getting more affordable now, (though long in the tooth maybe) and we’d really like something to cruise around the deserts in that rides smooth, something we’ve never had with our poor boy leaf spring crawlers.

My main concern is paying $25k for it and then having a $$$ major malfunction. What is the long term reliability like on the 1st gens? Any other thoughts and input appreciated. On the fence between responsibility and YOLO. Thanks

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 reliability has been great for a lot of guys. I’d look at it like you’d look at buying any other rig. Go over the whole thing real good, especially UNDER it...

And yes, Raptor repairs are going to be expensive. Mine is not SC, but there are several on here who are, some of those guys will be along soon to help you out here...

OP
OP
D

davidwyby

Reaction score
I should add I turn my own wrenches for the most part up to the point of electronics. Have built and repaired a few 4x4s as well as my deuce and a half over the years. Run a big machine and welding shop. The raptor is a fair bit more newfangled, though.

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a ‘11 SCREW with 160,000 all stock in great condition. It was one owner, all maintenance records from one dealership and clean Carfax no accidents and etc. brand new tires. I pain $120,000& I don’t see them anywhere for under $125000 so I thought I did really good. I love it and having a great time!!! My son purchased a ‘11 for $120000 also in June but his had some nice upgrades but had 180,000 miles and he is really happy. So it sounds ok as long as truck is well keep

OP
OP
D

davidwyby

Reaction score
I just bought a ‘11 SCREW with 160,000 all stock in great condition. It was one owner, all maintenance records from one dealership and clean Carfax no accidents and etc. brand new tires. I pain $120,000& I don’t see them anywhere for under $125000 so I thought I did really good. I love it and having a great time!!! My son purchased a ‘11 for $120000 also in June but his had some nice upgrades but had 180,000 miles and he is really happy. So it sounds ok as long as truck is well keep

Got some extra zeroes in there...?

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry for the math errors and all those 0’s
My truck 2011 SREW with 160,000 miles paid $20,000 brand new rubber, new Rack & Pinion all maintenance and all factory recalls up to date. Nice truck runs well.

2011SCREW with 180,000 miles for $20,000 my son his did come with very expensive Tannua cover that is powered, SCTx4 with custom tunes and cab corners replaced, paint frame and coated underside took everything apart and did nice job. Engine compartment nice all new hoses, belts, pulleys, plugs, wires and major tune up. Very nice truck.