Sag with barely any weight..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cotaco

Reaction score
Denver to Breckenridge last weekend, had 3 passengers in the cab, 4 pairs of skis, a mountain bike and 4 duffels in the bed. Aluminum bed rack and rollup tonneau is 150 lbs too. I was flashed almost every time i passed a car because the back was sagging enough to blind oncoming traffic.

I know its a plush suspension for off roading but i was surprised at how high my headlights were aimed with it loaded as it was (~400lbs)

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty soft... I am adding some rear spacers to help out. I don't mind a little rake. I am level now, with nothing in the bed and no other mods to suspension.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup its the softest and best riding truck ive had… oncoming drivers can chill with that. The stock headlights aren't even that bright…

Crosby

Reaction score
Defiantly swats even with not a lot of weight in the bed. When I am towing or hauling something it does seam to help to put it in tow/haul mode and the back shocks stiffen up a bit. It's like ****** for the fox live valve shocks :cool:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where did your 400lb estimate come from? You said 150lbs for the tonneau cover, so that leaves 250lbs for 4 people, 4 pairs of skis, 1 bike, and 4 bags? How full was your gas tank, too? At 6lbs/gal, assuming you were relatively full, that's another 200+lbs of sprung weight also. I'm pretty sure you were WAY over 400lbs, unless your 3 passengers were all very young children! ;)

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks want their Raptors to be their Suburbans. I swear Ford does themselves more harm than good by attempting to go all in on Baja DNA.

The reason these trucks can comfortably do 90mph+ on unmaintained BLM roads right off the lot is because of components like that soft rear coil suspension. Thanks to all the marketing, mall crawling, bro-downs and insta posing, people actually complete the research and buying process without truly considering the consequences of the only thing that makes these trucks unique: They are actual, legitimate, race-ready pickups that were purpose-built for speed off pavement. They are NOT trucks that were engineered and equipped to just look cool, a la Chevy or even Tremor, without meaningful differences to their design and components. Sure they have tons of amenities and are have beautiful lines but what makes them actually different than the High Country, Tremor or Ram is their suspension.

If you want a truck to haul loads and stay level, buy an F150. If you're towing more than 10k, buy an F250. But buying a truck that is about as close to a race truck as a stock, street legal rig can be and complaining about the soft suspension, poor gas mileage, lack of bed length, etc doesn't make sense--you bought a $75k race oriented truck.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Folks want their Raptors to be their Suburbans. I swear Ford does themselves more harm than good by attempting to go all in on Baja DNA.

The reason these trucks can comfortably do 90mph+ on unmaintained BLM roads right off the lot is because of components like that soft rear coil suspension. Thanks to all the marketing, mall crawling, bro-downs and insta posing, people actually complete the research and buying process without truly considering the consequences of the only thing that makes these trucks unique: They are actual, legitimate, race-ready pickups that were purpose-built for speed off pavement. They are NOT trucks that were engineered and equipped to just look cool, a la Chevy or even Tremor, without meaningful differences to their design and components. Sure they have tons of amenities and are have beautiful lines but what makes them actually different than the High Country, Tremor or Ram is their suspension.

If you want a truck to haul loads and stay level, buy an F150. If you're towing more than 10k, buy an F250. But buying a truck that is about as close to a race truck as a stock, street legal rig can be and complaining about the soft suspension, poor gas mileage, lack of bed length, etc doesn't make sense--you bought a $75k race oriented truck.
Yeah, but the headlights!