Sag with barely any weight..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks want their Raptors to be their Suburbans. I swear Ford does themselves more harm than good by attempting to go all in on Baja DNA.

The reason these trucks can comfortably do 90mph+ on unmaintained BLM roads right off the lot is because of components like that soft rear coil suspension. Thanks to all the marketing, mall crawling, bro-downs and insta posing, people actually complete the research and buying process without truly considering the consequences of the only thing that makes these trucks unique: They are actual, legitimate, race-ready pickups that were purpose-built for speed off pavement. They are NOT trucks that were engineered and equipped to just look cool, a la Chevy or even Tremor, without meaningful differences to their design and components. Sure they have tons of amenities and are have beautiful lines but what makes them actually different than the High Country, Tremor or Ram is their suspension.

If you want a truck to haul loads and stay level, buy an F150. If you're towing more than 10k, buy an F250. But buying a truck that is about as close to a race truck as a stock, street legal rig can be and complaining about the soft suspension, poor gas mileage, lack of bed length, etc doesn't make sense--you bought a $75k race oriented truck.
Even funnier are/were the folks looking for stiffer springs or leaf packs to add payload capacity, and killing their available travel in the process. Like you said, I don’t think many realize why these trucks are setup the way they are. It’s not as intuitive as something like horsepower to average buyer.

At the end of the day people can do whatever they want to their raptors, but the best equivalent I can think of to a sports car is purchasing a 911 GT3 RS, complaining the fuel economy is poor, and purchasing a tune to detune the engine.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean you were likely near or over load capacity for the truck - hence the sag. Load capacity also includes the weight in the cab
Driver plus three average American passengers is 800lb right there ... Another 400lb makes 1200. He is easily maxed if he has heavy options like the moonroof and the step.