Safe way to disinfect steering wheel and shifter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My area has seen some infections from the virus and I am sure it will get worse. I am concerned about spreading the virus to my respiratory compromised 82 year old mother. I have been using bleach wipes to clean steering wheel, shifter and switches. Pretty sure bleach isn't best for leather steering wheel. Anyone know of effective alternative that is also safe for interior pieces?

Just be happy your mother can actually still get into the vehicle. This is kinda harch but part of the joy of the Raptor is that the mother-in-law cant bum a ride. :) Make sure she does not lick the shifter.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My area has seen some infections from the virus and I am sure it will get worse. I am concerned about spreading the virus to my respiratory compromised 82 year old mother. I have been using bleach wipes to clean steering wheel, shifter and switches. Pretty sure bleach isn't best for leather steering wheel. Anyone know of effective alternative that is also safe for interior pieces?

I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9R7RVU/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're REALLY worried about it, get one of those cheap ass steering wheel covers. Then you can wipe it down with anything you.

I wipe my ass with Clorox wipes then use my sanitized ass crack to run my steering wheel back and forth. The gear shift is a tad bigger and takes more time but with enough lube you can make it work.

Or you can do this.. I mean it might not work but make sure you record your neighbors reactions. I'm sure that will go as viral as the steering wheel.