Sad times indeed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smilodon

Reaction score
Howdy all, we had a pretty bad afternoon last Sunday. About 1700 we were heading back from the Sweat Hills to our home less than 5 miles away. The sun was low, and visibility was getting bad. 65mph road going probably 60 started climbing a long straight and just got totally blinded, using the lines to maintain lane position. Traffic behind us. All of a sudden there's a damned Dodge stopped in the road. Swerve to miss, didn't quite make it. Spun him off. Went in the opposite ditch. Thankfully there wasn't oncoming traffic at that moment. Wife would have been killed had there been. Eastbound traffic would have been going 70+ usually. Wife and dog are ok. Ran over to the Dodge to check on them, driver is on the phone to a buddy already. I check on his wife and 3 small children(balling) in the back seat. They're all buckled in and ok. I go over to him, "Why were you stopped in the road?" He says, "I couldn't see, I had my flashers on." "Oh, you couldn't see those could you?" No shit Sherlock! Our Raptor, both airbags deployed. Hood, grill, bumper, fender, passenger door are DOA. Fender subframe is mangled pretty badly. A-pillar is tweaked. I called the cops, no citations were issued. Tow company F'd up our rear bumper and Roush exhaust putting it in their yard. Pretty sure insurance company is gonna total it. We are heartbroken. We've spent every Anniversary since we've been married with that truck, camping in the rooftop tent. We've shared so many adventures with her. She is part of our family. We plan to buy her back and rebuild her. Hopefully, we can have the A-pillar pulled out and replace the fender subframe. Otherwise, I'm thinking I'll find a cheap F150 Supercrew and steal the cab, and fender subframe. Fortunately, we're all ok. We could use your prayers for a Christmas miracle and our insurance company repairs it. I know it's unlikely, she's 9 years old. It seems the airbags are the determining factor. Any advice would be appreciated. You all have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,

Fred

OP
OP
Smilodon

Smilodon

Reaction score
Driver was from Las Vegas. Probably taking the back way to avoid the traffic jam at the ****** River Bridge. If you folks have a line on a cheap SuperCrew we'd appreciate it. 2wd, blown motor, high mileage, don't mattter...we just need the cab to be straight and rustfree!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, we had a pretty bad afternoon last Sunday. About 1700 we were heading back from the Sweat Hills to our home less than 5 miles away. The sun was low, and visibility was getting bad. 65mph road going probably 60 started climbing a long straight and just got totally blinded, using the lines to maintain lane position. Traffic behind us. All of a sudden there's a damned Dodge stopped in the road. Swerve to miss, didn't quite make it. Spun him off. Went in the opposite ditch. Thankfully there wasn't oncoming traffic at that moment. Wife would have been killed had there been. Eastbound traffic would have been going 70+ usually. Wife and dog are ok. Ran over to the Dodge to check on them, driver is on the phone to a buddy already. I check on his wife and 3 small children(balling) in the back seat. They're all buckled in and ok. I go over to him, "Why were you stopped in the road?" He says, "I couldn't see, I had my flashers on." "Oh, you couldn't see those could you?" No shit Sherlock! Our Raptor, both airbags deployed. Hood, grill, bumper, fender, passenger door are DOA. Fender subframe is mangled pretty badly. A-pillar is tweaked. I called the cops, no citations were issued. Tow company F'd up our rear bumper and Roush exhaust putting it in their yard. Pretty sure insurance company is gonna total it. We are heartbroken. We've spent every Anniversary since we've been married with that truck, camping in the rooftop tent. We've shared so many adventures with her. She is part of our family. We plan to buy her back and rebuild her. Hopefully, we can have the A-pillar pulled out and replace the fender subframe. Otherwise, I'm thinking I'll find a cheap F150 Supercrew and steal the cab, and fender subframe. Fortunately, we're all ok. We could use your prayers for a Christmas miracle and our insurance company repairs it. I know it's unlikely, she's 9 years old. It seems the airbags are the determining factor. Any advice would be appreciated. You all have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,

Fred
Dang sorry about that. Least everyone's okay.