S2 frenched into bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I have the S1 that I'll be running off of my Uplifter switch but am thinking about those small Rigid lights for wiring into the reverse lights

I'll have to check those out again.

SamIAm

Reaction score
Has anyone put a red pod light in the bumper, instead of doing a white reverse light, I was told that you can’t splice into the break lights though, any info would be appreciated

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a red pod light in the bumper, instead of doing a white reverse light, I was told that you can’t splice into the break lights though, any info would be appreciated

Are you talking about something like this? Red backlight with main white fog light. Best of both worlds with the Rigid Radiance or this is the SR-L flushmount series. Obviously not a Raptor bumper, but you get the idea. Tapping into the reverse light wires is easy enough, Baja Designs even makes a kit to do specifically that. You can also wire lights into the trailer harness.

dhG64CZ.jpg

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Baja Designs does not make a kit that lets you tap into the brake lights. You are correct in that you'll run into issues. Your truck will think you have a trailer hooked up if you tap into the brake lights. Thanks to that lovely BLIS system and trailer system, the circuitry is monitored by the computer in the truck. It'll sense extra resistance by tapping into the brake line and think it has a trailer hooked up.

What you could do however is tap into the circuit elsewhere and use a relay. This way your not giving the computer a load and the relays will handle the job of providing power to the lights.

GJ Motorsports kind of does this with their system. They use a module to turn the left and right S2 lights on, to act as blinkers, in their 3rd brake light kit. Same idea basically only you'd want to tp into the circuit elsewhere (up by the BCM cables is where i'd do it).

It's going to be more of a hassle then I think is worth it. I've never been a fan of additional brake lighting in the back of trucks. It's a bit much. Our trucks a pretty bright as it is with the factory brake lights. You'd just be taking away from that nice clean look back there with additional brake lighting.

SamIAm

Reaction score
Are you talking about something like this? Red backlight with main white fog light. Best of both worlds with the Rigid Radiance or this is the SR-L flushmount series. Obviously not a Raptor bumper, but you get the idea. Tapping into the reverse light wires is easy enough, Baja Designs even makes a kit to do specifically that. You can also wire lights into the trailer harness.

dhG64CZ.jpg
Yea this is what I was talking about, but I was told if you tap into the trailer plug that the raptor reads there is a trailer hooked up and if I go into the tail lights that it may pull too much power from the taillight, I have the red back lighted radiance pods

SamIAm

Reaction score
Baja Designs does not make a kit that lets you tap into the brake lights. You are correct in that you'll run into issues. Your truck will think you have a trailer hooked up if you tap into the brake lights. Thanks to that lovely BLIS system and trailer system, the circuitry is monitored by the computer in the truck. It'll sense extra resistance by tapping into the brake line and think it has a trailer hooked up.

What you could do however is tap into the circuit elsewhere and use a relay. This way your not giving the computer a load and the relays will handle the job of providing power to the lights.

GJ Motorsports kind of does this with their system. They use a module to turn the left and right S2 lights on, to act as blinkers, in their 3rd brake light kit. Same idea basically only you'd want to tp into the circuit elsewhere (up by the BCM cables is where i'd do it).

It's going to be more of a hassle then I think is worth it. I've never been a fan of additional brake lighting in the back of trucks. It's a bit much. Our trucks a pretty bright as it is with the factory brake lights. You'd just be taking away from that nice clean look back there with additional brake lighting.
I purchased a add bomber bumper that has slots built into it for the pods, I just need to figure out a way to make happen

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the title of this thread and thought I'd landed somewhere in the Dark Web.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first when I read the title I was like hrm Frenched S2's?? interesting idea but... this is frenched

Annotation-2020-07-08-081715.jpg

Last edited: