Ryan's 2020 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunsandTech

Reaction score
The guy who detailed and protected my truck made a little promo video. Pretty sweet!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7W8sqmJhhe/?igshid=1v8msx2sp5qin

Love the video! Did you go with the 8 mils or 10 mils XPel? I was also curious what part of the truck you had done? From the video it looks like the front end.

I have my truck in right now getting the windshield forward done plus the rear fender flares. I asked them to do the fender flares in the 10 mil and 8 mil everywhere else. I might do the doors and bedside later.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome build lets see some more pics! Any trimming have to be done to fit the 37" K02 with your suspension mods?

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome build lets see some more pics! Any trimming have to be done to fit the 37" K02 with your suspension mods?

If you want to eliminate all rubbing, yeah you'll need to trim. I intend to do the pinch seam soon. But with UCA's, about 2" lift, and a solid alignment you can eliminate most rubbing for normal driving. It won't solve anything for off-roading.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've gotta write a little story here about Velocity AP (VAP https://www.velocityap.com/), the exhaust manufacturer up in Canada that a few of you have heard about. It's been a bit of a journey!

I ordered the exhaust through Vivid Racing basically at the height of the first Covid-19 wave, and expected delays. I had some back and forth directly with VAP about the status, and eventually it landed on their fabrication bench, took a couple weeks to build, and finally shipped. These things are basically fabricated on demand.

I've done most of the work on my truck myself, but there's been a couple things where I've had John and the team at High Country 4x4 (https://hcp4x4.com/) here in the Denver area tackle for me. This was one of those things.

Unfortunately a few weeks ago when John's team went to install the exhaust on my 2020, it ended up not quite fitting right against one of the cross members. John reached out to VAP and ended up chatting with Joshua, their fabrication supervisor. After some pics/vids exchanged, Joshua, without any prompting at all, completely proactively said "I'm building you a complete prototype with some other design changes I've wanted to do for some time now, and shipping it down right away. Please send me the bill for the labor on all of this."

Whoa!! Who does that?!?

A couple weeks later this brand new one-off prototype exhaust shows up at John's shop, and it got bolted on and wired up a couple days ago. There was a minor clearance issue with my RPG bump cross-member that John's team took care of.

All I can say is - Joshua and the entire team at Velocity AP are 100% top shelf, completely stand behind their products, and will do absolutely everything in their power, PROACTIVELY, to make things right. None of this was expected or asked for, and I just can't speak highly enough about how awesome this experience was even when we were up against a pretty big snag.

And, John's team down at High Country helping us collectively navigate the problem and get us to a solution, facilitating the whole thing on my behalf - I dunno what else to add here other than they've found a loyal customer. Everything I've brought them they've hit it out of the park each time.

Last but not least - YES, the exhaust sounds incredible. When it's closed it's a nice chill ride on the freeway, no drone at all. You step on it and you smile, without question. And when I want to be a bit of a punk, I flip my upfitter switch, throw the truck into manual shift, and keep the revs high. You even get a bit of popping like you're driving a GT3 RS or something (ok ok, bit of a stretch but it does sound THAT good).

I cannot sing high enough praise for either of these two shops in the performance/off-road industry. Huge thanks to both of them.