Rusting Raptor Rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have just recently purchased a 2013 Raptor with 77k miles. Both driver and passenger side rockers have rust issues. I included pictures of the driver side and was hoping to get some ideas as to what my options are. The metal is still solid (no holes). I was quoted between 5k and 6k to replace.

I paid 3k for new rockers, had them sealed inside and out, they will never rust again.

Wyatt Young

Reaction score
Thank you. I do have an appointment at Linex on Monday for them to do an undercoat and wax treatment. I’m not sure what kind of prep they’ll do before applying but I’m assuming they’ll clean it off as much as they can? I didn’t know if I was wasting my time getting it undercoated before taking care of the rust first.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I do have an appointment at Linex on Monday for them to do an undercoat and wax treatment. I’m not sure what kind of prep they’ll do before applying but I’m assuming they’ll clean it off as much as they can? I didn’t know if I was wasting my time getting it undercoated before taking care of the rust first.
You're wasting your time and money in my opinion!! Do some more research first, don't just listen to people like me, get some facts. The rockers have drain holes in them and they get plugged up, on the backside of the rockers the factory put little squares of duct tape to cover up holes, those pieces of duct tape peel off after a couple of years. Dirt and debris falls inside the rockers. You need to flush the rockers with some sort of cleaner until the drains are clear, then let it dry really well. You could then spray a rust preventer in there such as Fluid Film. Don't spray undercoating in there unless you have brand new rockers! It will peel off. Once everything is dry, then put new duct tape, ( I used black Gorilla tape,) on the backside and cover up all the holes. Read a few more threads about rusty rockers and then come to a conclusion, but please don't waste your money on undercoating over top of rust, nobody does than unless you're selling it the next day!!

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my rockers are holding up really well, even though haven't seen much daily driving through winter. These look perfect still, 1 year later. (Just a bit discolored near drain) So I'll recoat the rest to match the blue with undercoat underneath. I only did this end since I repaired cab corner. Also that corroseal I think is money. Did test section on the frame to see how it does through winter, and might do the whole undercarriage.

1634251108041.png