Rusting Raptor Rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If only everyone had something as nearly awesome as a raptor then there would be no need for plows and road salt

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to live in the Pittsburgh area back in the seventies. Trucks only lasted a bout 3 years before they rusted. PA used a lot of salt back then. I am sure they still do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live north of Pittsburgh. This doesn't surprise me. I think mine is doing the same. 40k miles on mine.

OP
OP
NitroBerserker

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the really bad news, In addition to no help from Ford, is that these trucks are so new that nobody is making replacement rocker panels for them yet. I have done a couple hour search on the web and come up with nothing.
I sent an email to one company asking about when they will start producing them but no reply yet.
It seem that the first company out there that starts making replacements will have the market to themselves for a little while.

I may try the dealership where I purchased the truck but I don't go there much since it is about 40 miles from me. not the most convenient . but they gave me the best deal of any around at the time.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the really bad news, In addition to no help from Ford, is that these trucks are so new that nobody is making replacement rocker panels for them yet. I have done a couple hour search on the web and come up with nothing.
I sent an email to one company asking about when they will start producing them but no reply yet.
It seem that the first company out there that starts making replacements will have the market to themselves for a little while.

I may try the dealership where I purchased the truck but I don't go there much since it is about 40 miles from me. not the most convenient . but they gave me the best deal of any around at the time.

A member on the other forum had his rockers replaced under warranty by Ford for rust issues. He lives in Canada. So someone must make replacements.

http://www.************.com/showthread.php?p=270440

By the way. I'm from the Pittsburgh area as well. First thing I did when I purchased my truck was to rust proof it with a good under coating. I lost my first truck to rust that the dealer wouldn't cover due to "living in a harsh environment" add if it was my choice to subject the truck to salty roads. Lol....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I am going to try calling Ford customer service again tomorrow...

Send me a PM with your specifics, NitroBerserker; I'll get this moved up the chain. In your message, include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
NitroBerserker

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me a PM with your specifics, NitroBerserker; I'll get this moved up the chain. In your message, include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me. :)

Crystal

PM sent.

Thanks for the offer, you may restore my faith in the marque.

OP
OP
NitroBerserker

NitroBerserker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Crystal

Sent PM at 12:14pm....... at 1:30pm a representative called me at home to ask about the particulars. then while I was on hold he contacted the dealership and connected me with them to set up an appointment to have the pictures taken... tomorrow .

So there are people at Ford that know what customer service is about..

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sent PM at 12:14pm....... at 1:30pm a representative called me at home to ask about the particulars. then while I was on hold he contacted the dealership and connected me with them to set up an appointment to have the pictures taken... tomorrow .

So there are people at Ford that know what customer service is about..

This is what I like to see, NitroBerserker! I'm glad to see I could get the ball rolling for you. :)

Crystal