GEN 1 Rusted Fox Shocks on 2012 Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently just purchased a 2012 Ford Raptor Screw with 130,000 miles on it. Got a full inspection of the truck done and she runs perfectly. In the inspection they said all the shocks were in good shape besides the front right shock which is very rusted. I was planning on replacing that specific one, but wanted to get any opinions on replacing the other 3 with brand new OEM Fox shocks. All of them are pretty rusted over but the ride feels fine to me. Worth the 1300$ to replace them all or should I just do the front right? If anyone with a high mileage raptor that has some knowledge about the Fox shocks could chime in and give some feedback it would be much appreciated!

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue except mine is "under warranty" i purchased from the stupid dealer, Two rivers ford. Took it to a shop to move to mid perch and the blue collar rings are both rusted in place, only option was to cut them off and replace $700. So, I took it to the dealer and they are covered under my warranty but the shocks are back ordered going on 120 days now. I bet if I went in and asked to buy a set they would have had them in stock, now I don't know if I should also replace the rears since I also tow a boat. 2014 with 67K miles, came from MI

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those are the originals on the truck, you're due for a rebuild at that mileage FYI. Could go that route or potentially even splurge for upgraded ones if you are so inclined.

Can search around the msg board for options/choices/rebuild info, etc - g'luck deciding !

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue except mine is "under warranty" i purchased from the stupid dealer, Two rivers ford. Took it to a shop to move to mid perch and the blue collar rings are both rusted in place, only option was to cut them off and replace $700. So, I took it to the dealer and they are covered under my warranty but the shocks are back ordered going on 120 days now. I bet if I went in and asked to buy a set they would have had them in stock, now I don't know if I should also replace the rears since I also tow a boat. 2014 with 67K miles, came from MI

I was told by Tasca today that the struts are on national backorder with no ETA. Rear shocks are available.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know this one is older but I was curious to know what extended warranty you purchased if you dont mind me asking. I purchased a 12 and my shocks are also corroded on the outside but the ride is fine. I dont see any leaks, but I'm at 78k and I'm hoping to get these things switched out. If I can use the warranty I'd crap myself.