Rusted Cab Corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone figure out a fix for the sunroof drain by chance?
I just got a screw with roof and thankfully no rust and would like to keep it that way or try too lol
A cursory search of YouTube didn’t come up with much but I haven’t done a deep dive yet. I’m sure there is something here or on a regular F-150 forum.

I’ll report back once I cut out my corners and see what’s inside. I was told by the body shop that there sound deadening in the corners that collects the water from the drain, causing the rust from inside out.

Going to try to route the drains outside the truck if possible so it doesn’t happen again.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
A cursory search of YouTube didn’t come up with much but I haven’t done a deep dive yet. I’m sure there is something here or on a regular F-150 forum.

I’ll report back once I cut out my corners and see what’s inside. I was told by the body shop that there sound deadening in the corners that collects the water from the drain, causing the rust from inside out.

Going to try to route the drains outside the truck if possible so it doesn’t happen again.
Yeah thats what im looking to do to prevent it. Yay New England salt haha

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Detailed pics! Glad you're fixing it and keeping it.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what needs done.
Now for ideas on how to best seal that hole off from outside debris while still allowing the drain out of the rocker hole…

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking driver side that was just bubbling before popped through. Corrosealed and repaired. Couldn't quite blend since the bottom sees no UV breakdown so its a bit darker. Clears blended.

1634679346171.png
1634679390708.png

Eventually will be painting the rocker panel the same since its holding up really good.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I'll take like a syringe and dump a bit of corroseal along the drainage route, so it will be sure to catch the same rust path.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
This is what needs done.
Now for ideas on how to best seal that hole off from outside debris while still allowing the drain out of the rocker hole…
Heck yeah im doing this. Is this for the front tubes also or just the rears??

More worried about salt/water sneaking past wherever the seal method is and back up into the corner/rocker.

As in the tape? I was thinking of using the gorilla tape and cutting a slit to push hose through and then using some silicone to seal around it. But this is also just a brainstorm idea at the moment lol. Im also gonna wool wax the inside of the corners/rockers and just pray it works.