Rusted Cab Corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're saying rust converters doesn't work in any way? They specifically say this is the level of removable required. And not everyone can afford to rip body panel apart for replacement. This is my daily driver and can't have that long of down town. And what moisture? I've plugged the top ones which was the cause of the moisture, plus, the rocker panel has drain holes all the way down the rail, and the rocker section is directly connected to the cab corner.
I forgot, do you have a moonroof? Doesn't the roof drains go to that area? Ideally welding in new metal is the way to go, but you did a good job for what you have available. Back in the 80's we use to just fill rust holes with bondo, lol

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking out loud here: is it potentially an option to get a regular aluminum body F-150, or if available, aluminum body Raptor cab and drop it on top of a Gen 1.

Anyone done this? Can you transfer all the internals if it’s a regular F-150?

I know it would be a pain in the ****, but…

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking out loud here: is it potentially an option to get a regular aluminum body F-150, or if available, aluminum body Raptor cab and drop it on top of a Gen 1.

Anyone done this? Can you transfer all the internals if it’s a regular F-150?

I know it would be a pain in the ****, but…
You should quit thinking out loud, lol. Nice idea but nothing will line up and the cost would be enormously expensive.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should quit thinking out loud, lol. Nice idea but nothing will line up and the cost would be enormously expensive.
Isn’t an F-150 cab and F-150 cab? Are there that many nuances between 2014 and 2015+? @FordTechOne

FWIW I was looking to potentially get a wrecked aluminum body and drop it on top of the 2014. I know it’s probably insanity and won’t work, etc, but I’m exploring all options here.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart man. Wouldn’t be in this situation if I had known the dangers of having one before hand I would’ve waited to get one without.
Can you link me to the problem? Don't think I've heard the dangers.

Isn’t an F-150 cab and F-150 cab? Are there that many nuances between 2014 and 2015+? @FordTechOne

FWIW I was looking to potentially get a wrecked aluminum body and drop it on top of the 2014. I know it’s probably insanity and won’t work, etc, but I’m exploring all options here.
Would be nice but that was a model change. If you swap the cab you need the whole interior, computer, wiring harness.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The cab would not bolt up; the 2015 model was an all new frame. The frame width, height, and crossover placement are all different, as are the mounting points.