Rust on OEM Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just looking for some help. I have been noticing a disturbing amount of rust that is forming on the bolts of the Beauty Ring bolts around the Ring.

What can I do about this? (Picture to come later)

From what I see the rust is really bad on one or two bolts. How does this even happen? And what can I do to prevent this in the future?

Info: Based in Maryland along the coast and truck sits away from the water but still its salty as shit over here and I've tried w-silicone & rust remover (WD-40 variants) to no avail.

Thanks for the help!

-FNG

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, I ended up sand blasting and powdercoating them when I powdercoated my beauty locks. They're holding up a lot better now. Was like $10 to get all 48 or however many coated

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, I ended up sand blasting and powdercoating them when I powdercoated my beauty locks. They're holding up a lot better now. Was like $10 to get all 48 or however many coated

^This....is what I'll be doing. I'm getting a lot of salt corrosion on the bolt heads. Next Spring I'll be stripping/priming and powdercoating the bolt heads, beauty rings (in the SE colour) and wheel itself as the paint is bubbling on two of the wheels.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can they be replaced with stainless steel bolts? What size thread and type are they?