Rust on beauty ring bead bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
I had my factory beauty rings blacked out on my 2014, but I need a solution for the bolts - they're all rusted from the salt air. Suggestions for how to replace?

D

Deleted member 12951

If you go the stainless steel route, use anti-seize and be careful not to get things galled up as that would suck drilling them out. And definitely don't torque to specs. I personally don't live by salt water but winters do have salt on the roads. So far, rusting is minimal for me but I do have extra OEM bolts.

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
You don't order, you go to your nearest nut and bolt supplier and get socked head cap crews and washers in SST.
Use a copper based anti seize.

Thanks. I'm just a kook with a cool truck - How would I find such a place in West Los Angeles or the San Fernando Valley?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm just a kook with a cool truck - How would I find such a place in West Los Angeles or the San Fernando Valley?

I'm answering only because you are a Cook and I like to eat...
Even so I'm presently working in New Zealand and don't have access to my local nuts and bolt store 'Eugene Fasteners' I was able to search for hardware stores in west Los Angeles and got a bunch of them; specialty fasteners stores not as many, but plenty.

Good Luck!