GEN 2 Rust/Chip on bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okegg0

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any of this happening on their bumper? Literally the same spot on both sides almost under that rubber part. I was washing truck yesterday and noticed it and just went and looked on other side and saw it there as well. Truck is 1 year old and 22k on it. Was seeing what others had before I tried to go to Ford and see what they would say.

IMG_2284.JPG

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's coming from the rubber. My 2017 didn't do it, but my 19 is doing it on the drivers side. The rubber is just vibrating and rubbing its way through the paint.

OP
OP
O

Okegg0

Reaction score
It's coming from the rubber. My 2017 didn't do it, but my 19 is doing it on the drivers side. The rubber is just vibrating and rubbing its way through the paint.

Yeah just got back from Ford and they said they had to send the pictures in and wait to hear back on their end but before I even got home they said Ford contacted them and will paint it

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this a few times on facebook groups. People have been removing that rubber strip on new trucks to stop the rubbing

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
I have it on one side, noticed it after I adjusted the end caps for better fit.