Rusell and smith ford Houston Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that the buying situation is always changing with the market. What made sense yesterday may not make sense today. As well, each buyer has different needs from the deal, in terms of what they are willing to pay, how long they will wait, and how much work they want to put in. I mean, if you went to a dealer and said you'd pay for $140k if they can get it to you in a week, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it happen.

If you look at it just in regards to what tricks a dealership may pull, dealers will just find new tricks.
Bullseye...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Allocation has been a thing since 2016... hasn’t changed. At least we could help empower potential buyers to be sure there’s an allocation before wasting all the effort.

We can’t address every concern, sure, but we could get some of the more common ones covered. As stealerships come up with new tricks, we just add to the FAQ and cover what can be done about it, if anything...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Allocation has been a thing since 2016... hasn’t changed. At least we could help empower potential buyers to be sure there’s an allocation before wasting all the effort.

We can’t address every concern, sure, but we could get some of the more common ones covered. As stealerships come up with new tricks, we just add to the FAQ and cover what can be done about it, if anything...

Ok, is there a way that you can verify your dealership allocations and whether or not you actually have one of them? I haven't paid that much attention since I have no plans to buy, but my understand was that you get this info from the dealer...and they can just lie to you if they think they can sell you a truck later down the road.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ok, is there a way that you can verify your dealership allocations and whether or not you actually have one of them? I haven't paid that much attention since I have no plans to buy, but my understand was that you get this info from the dealer...and they can just lie to you if they think they can sell you a truck later down the road.

When I ordered my '22 the dealer didn't think it would get built, but it did. Not sure if they did or didn't have an allocation, but they seemed to think they did not. I think it's just a crapshoot.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the “add on” consist of? The FTC is cracking down on a lot of these scams with new legislation, but the laws aren’t in effect yet.

Paint protection wheel locks and theft reg probably

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you come in a Raptor forum and talk about the value of a C8? Talk about mental gymnastics my guy.
So the value for money does not concern you? Are you really that much of a Raptor nutswinger that you're all in, price be damned? What if they hike the price to $85K? $90K? There has to be a point at which it starts to become stupid. The 2023 MSRP is what, close to $80K now for no options? Forgive me for bringing up the Corvette in a Raptor forum, but how else do you discuss value for money if you don't bring other vehicles into the discussion? Bringing up $75K Silverado ZR2s, Ram TRXs and even F-150 Tremors is not particularly instructive as I find the whole domestic pickup truck market horribly overpriced for what you get. I just think the fact that a midengined sportscar can be bought for $63K is kind of instructive. It's not like the C8 shares its platform with the perennial best-selling vehicle in the country to help recoup costs of the tooling like, ahem, the Raptor does.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair points @combatninja... I struggle with the price of most new vehicles, especially these days. But I appreciate the mix of performance and utility the Raptor offers. Is your newly acquired mid engine V8 the vette? How do you like it?
Yeah. I wasn't really in the market but my brother loaned me one of his for a few days just to see if I like it and for the money, I'm smitten. MSRP deal, skipping 136 people on their allocation list to get a build in September, and I'm sitting with $23,000 in equity in my current lease, so.....Yeah, time to dump the daily. If I get tired of the Corvette after a year I can likely sell it for exactly what I paid given the market.

The car is absolutely fantastic. It is actually quieter than my 911 when cruising and with mag ride and performance exhaust, you can really change the personality of the car with the different drive modes. From comfy and quiet in Tour mode to full maniac in Track. I was going to get another Porsche but the prices have gotten downright stupid lately. A typical build 911 that you would actually want to drive is $125K minimum.

This all actually started on my last deployment when the Z06 broke cover and it seemed too good to be true. That flat plane crank V8 and revving to 8500rpm for (what was supposed to be) $89,995. Well, they took their sweet time rolling out pricing and they kinda did the whole Raptor R thing and it is $106K for starters, $120K the way you'd want it. They just slapped the ADM on from the factory as it were. This, however, has not stopped the dealers from doubling down and asking $50K+ in ADM. No way I'm spending close to $200K for a Corvette.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the value for money does not concern you?
I think the value would be in the eye of the beholder / owner. I think we can both agree that if we were only considering the value of money or value for money, we wouldn't be talking about a new C8 or a Raptor. For how 95% of people use them, we could get something else that would accomplish 95% of same things for 50% of the cost. When I was a bit younger and lived in the city, I had all kinds of performance cars, including several Corvettes.

But I live in the country now, and a C8 wouldn't do any of the things I really need it to. It won't haul the family, pull a trailer, drive around my property to do work, offer pro-power on board, carry what I need from Tractor Supply or Home Depot, and it would struggle on some of the dilapidated country roads I drive every day to get to and from my house.

Do I need a Raptor? Of course not. But it's a far better value for my money than a C8. And though my previous Vettes were always 3rd or 4th vehicles, they aren't practical for me anymore. So while they do offer a tremendous performance value for the price, it offers little value for me personally because it doesn't fit my lifestyle.