Rusell and smith ford Houston Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Dealers have gotten a bad reputation over the years, with good reason. I worked at a dealer selling cars when I was in college back in 1982. If you've never seen the Kurt Russell movie USED CARS, you need to see it, it is HILARIOUS!!!

The sad part is that EVERYTHING in that movie is true, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg. That's why I quit after 6 months. I did sell some new cars and made some money, but the things they were doing were just like in the movie.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If they disclosed it to you up front, you’re on the hook for it. If you signed papers to order and that was not part of your agreement, get a lawyer to write them a ‘strongly worded letter’. This isn’t classic bait and switch, but it is deceptive. Three large is good enough for an off road wheel and tire package, deflators, a decent compressor and pro-eagle 3 ton jack. Or a full complement of off road lights, or a fully upgraded stereo.

so before you knuckle under, at least consider fighting.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They tried to pull that with me. Wheel locks, nitrogen, PPF on door edges, and tint. They claimed there was no way to get rid of it and wouldn’t budge

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And...? You bought it anyway? You walked? You can't just tell half of the story.
This was after the Houston flood, and they ordered a ton of trucks as well as the new year coming out. They had trucks sitting at the port and I wasn’t able to see the truck and it was unique so I agreed to a deposit since I was leaving on vacation.

Got back a week later, and go to see my new truck. Loved it. In financing, they throw down this ridiculous add-on. I got my brother (lawyer) involved and ended up getting my deposit back and rolled to Mak Haik, who also tried the same thing . Ended up buying a truck from Tommy Vaughn.

Reaction score
I ordered my gen 3 raptor from them, at “msrp” but they have 3k dealer add on that they put on all their cars even if you don’t want it. I was wondering if anybody else had ordered with them? And if you where able to bring down the dealer add on which is 2,995$. My order comes in next month.
That’s not bad, they are adding 15K on top in south TEXAS.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my gen 3 raptor from them, at “msrp” but they have 3k dealer add on that they put on all their cars even if you don’t want it. I was wondering if anybody else had ordered with them? And if you where able to bring down the dealer add on which is 2,995$. My order comes in next month.

Unbelievable how absolutely stupid people are today. This is precisely why we have a inflation problem in this country right now and the feds are continuing to raise rates to bring down inflation. Did any of you meatheads see what happened to the markets yesterday ?

It amazes me how people think it’s smart to overpay for a depreciating toy ? Warren Buffett would be proud.