Rusell and smith ford Houston Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Curious, what do you think it should cost?
Given that it is based on a volume product that starts at like $30K for the base vehicle and is essentially an everyday Ford pickup with a fancy suspension, a slightly breathed-on 3.5 EcoBoost and a couple of unique body panels, maybe $70K with typical options. Now that they dropped the base trim (800A), Raptors are going to be, what, $80K now? It's not like this is limited to the Raptor, not picking on it by any means. All these fancy pickups are horrible value for money in my opinion. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw the MSRP of the midsize GMC Canyon AT4X or whatever they are calling the fancy offroady little truck for 2023. $63K+! For a midsize pickup!?

Just yesterday I bought something with a mid mounted V8 and $20,000 in options for that kind of money. Either the C8 Corvette is the greatest bargain in history (even if the price of entry has ballooned by almost $5K since its launch) or a lot of stuff out there is a total ripoff. Maybe a little of both?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford saw the massive ADM’s the dealers were getting so they decided to get some of that. You don’t have to buy the over priced truck. Others will gladly do it.

Coastal

Reaction score
Fair points @combatninja... I struggle with the price of most new vehicles, especially these days. But I appreciate the mix of performance and utility the Raptor offers. Is your newly acquired mid engine V8 the vette? How do you like it?

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given that it is based on a volume product that starts at like $30K for the base vehicle and is essentially an everyday Ford pickup with a fancy suspension, a slightly breathed-on 3.5 EcoBoost and a couple of unique body panels, maybe $70K with typical options. Now that they dropped the base trim (800A), Raptors are going to be, what, $80K now? It's not like this is limited to the Raptor, not picking on it by any means. All these fancy pickups are horrible value for money in my opinion. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw the MSRP of the midsize GMC Canyon AT4X or whatever they are calling the fancy offroady little truck for 2023. $63K+! For a midsize pickup!?

Just yesterday I bought something with a mid mounted V8 and $20,000 in options for that kind of money. Either the C8 Corvette is the greatest bargain in history (even if the price of entry has ballooned by almost $5K since its launch) or a lot of stuff out there is a total ripoff. Maybe a little of both?
How do you come in a Raptor forum and talk about the value of a C8? Talk about mental gymnastics my guy.

Reaction score
That dealership is garbage. Told me we had a deal on a raptor at a set price (over MSRP, not much), then ghosted me, and told me we didnt after they sold car. Total garbage

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Agree, but many don’t have the knowledge from years of purchasing. They are not dumb a$$es, just lack experience and mechanical knowledge.

It wouldn’t be a bad idea. Most of the FRF crew now came to the truck after the first model, and lots of converts from other vehicles are here now. Let’s be honest, buying a Raptor is a cl0wn show. The truck is incredible but the maroons you have to weed through to get the truck is ridiculous. Plus, allocation. Like I’ve joked in another thread and paraphrasing Don Henley:

‘You can order any time you like, but you will never receive’... :-/

It can be kind of nutty. You can wait for over a year now for a truck that may, or may not get built.

I’m reminded of when I bought my first, and to date only Ducati. Every Duc forum I went to had a thread like ‘Is a Ducati right for you?’ Now I’d looked around before hand so I knew that there could be some common ... issues. And let me just say those threads were spot on because as it turns out, no, a Ducati wasn’t right for me. Because you have random $h!t just stop working, or come out and find the battery dead. The 3 month old battery (that got cooked by a soon to be dead voltage regulator). And you may never get the darn thing to fuel properly, which isn’t so much a problem on the race track where you spend a lot of time in high rpm ranges that do fuel properly. Etc., etc.

A buying a Raptor FAQ post would be helpful to n00bs, and maybe even some old timers here.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A buying a Raptor FAQ post would be helpful to n00bs, and maybe even some old timers here.

Part of the problem is that the buying situation is always changing with the market. What made sense yesterday may not make sense today. As well, each buyer has different needs from the deal, in terms of what they are willing to pay, how long they will wait, and how much work they want to put in. I mean, if you went to a dealer and said you'd pay for $140k if they can get it to you in a week, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it happen.

If you look at it just in regards to what tricks a dealership may pull, dealers will just find new tricks.