Running wire from engine compartment to interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
Does anyone know where I can get a wire from the engine compartment to the interior under the drivers side dash

Thanks

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
hi
Does anyone know where I can get a wire from the engine compartment to the interior under the drivers side dash

Thanks
I sliced a small slit in the rubber firewall grommet that the factory uses to pass the harness. If you attempt to just push the grommet to the side, it won't seal and you'll run the risk of water coming in through the firewall.

It is extremely tough rubber and pretty difficult to fish wires trough, unless you remove the fender liners to get easy access from underneath.

OP
OP
gto19

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small wire for a switch.already done using zombie killers method.super easy

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I routed a 10g wire through the driver's side grommet for my Refrigerator. No problems, but wasn't easy to do.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no need to splice and dice, there are already six wires bundled up on the firewall over the glovebox (passenger side, in the hood). There are two bundles of six truncated wires: one bundle goes the auxiliary (overhead) switches; and, the second bundle goes (pass through) to the passenger footwell (fusebox). I'd tell you which one is live - for me, it was on the left as you look from the front of the truck towards the passenger compartment - but Ford doesn't seem to know since it recently sent a warranty/recall/update that was wrong (I hate it when I think I'm wrong but I wasn't). These wires are rated at 5A, 5A, 10A, 10A, 15A and 15A (based on their gauge and the parallel bundle going to the overhead switches).

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6 thru wires on right hand side already

This was posted yesterday. You can get your count up by responding