Running fogs at night?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey are you guys leaving your fogs on at night in more congested areas? I was driving around with them on and I could tell they were blinding everyone. I’m thinking I need to get them set up better, what are you guys doin to position them so they work most effectively?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep I use my BD SAE fogs when weather is ******. I swapped the lens to amber. Mine are level but I guess you can point them down so as not to annoy other drivers.

On a side note, lots of boneheads out there with high beams on and high output bulbs in reflector housings. Really irritating but they get the lightbar sunburn:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

A8C1118D-391A-4784-B63C-CF71F59239EA.jpeg

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i turn mine off.

but let’s be real. there are fogs and there are FOGS.

if you’re running true off-road lights even pointing them down is pretty harsh on oncoming. so i feel it’s generally polite to not use.

if you’re running something stock, sae approved, or low power let your better judgement be your guide.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the BD Unlimited setup and they stay OFF unless actually needed off-road or on backroads at night. It’s just a courtesy to other drivers, plus it’s illegal to have them on while onroad.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do. With a proper set-up and proper alignment you should not be blinding oncoming drivers. I have a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fogs in white that I used as supplementary lighting to the headlights. I also have a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 Max fogs in yellow that I use in rain/fog/snow. Both are wired up to different upfitter switches.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey are you guys leaving your fogs on at night in more congested areas? I was driving around with them on and I could tell they were blinding everyone. I’m thinking I need to get them set up better, what are you guys doin to position them so they work most effectively?
SAE fogs should be no problem around other vehicles. Here's some help for aiming whatever lights you have.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/properly-aiming-my-new-fogs.75066/#post-1461379

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In TX, it seems to be a the culture that you turn ‘em on and leave ‘em on wherever you go. Downtown, uptown, out of town, in the sticks or where the busses don’t run. If you have a Jeep, or Super Duty, it’s legal immunity from any charge for non SAE lights.

Seriously - I’ve seen 1 each Jeep and S/D literally blaring off roads into an oncoming LEO vehicle ... and everyone else. One of them was at an intersection, stopped at a red light at night turning night into day. Neither had any trouble and none of the lifted super duty’s around me have any compunction about lighting up oncoming traffic.

I don’t use any more than the SAE if there’s oncoming traffic

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I limit the use of my fogs even though they are SAE. I have a set of rigid spots that when I am driving on a 2 lane and that Jeep with its 50” light bar on, I make sure to throw a beam at him so he understands he is an *** for driving around like that. Caveat, I only do it if they are the only car coming toward me. Sometimes they shut it of, others is just bird out the window :p