Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone changed out the stock running boards or as I call mine the Pebble Shredder 5000s? I don't offroad other than heading to my campsites, fishing holes which can get a little knarly depending on weather and I am tired of small rocks coming up through the holes in the running boards scratching the bottom of my doors AND frankly of always having a dirty truck. I live on a 2 mile gravel road.. The mud that comes up through those holes is cringe.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, people have. Most I've seen have either removed them entirely or gone with a retractable running board. That doesn't sound like what you're looking for. I'm not aware of any designed specifically to keep mud off your truck, since that's not exactly what they are built for.

There is a thread on here where someone plugged the holes in the board rather than replacing it. This was done so that dog paws don't get caught in them, but might serve your purpose as well.

Also, I'd look into getting some mud flaps if you haven't already. That will likely help with keeping mud/rocks off the truck than the running board.

OP
OP
Toyzthatmove19
Reaction score
I have mud flaps, they don't do much good lol. Before I even read these replies, thanks by the way.. I thought hmm wonder if the holes could be filled with something from underneath. What with, I have no idea.