Running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has a easy way of cleaning the rough coated Gen 1 running boards? I tried the power washer at the car wash but not really happy with the results. Thanks for any help.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend, if I might share what I've found to be amazing for the running boards and spray-in bed liners. I've had my 18 now two years and both boards and bed look like the day I bought it. Forget about all this high priced goop it seems lots of people are forking out money for and try this. Get a bottle of Blue Coral car wash a nylon brush and a bottle of Armor-All "extra shine", and a pack of micro fiber rags. All can be purchased at Wal-Mart of all places! Scrub the boards clean, get all the dirt ect. off, all the dirt, even if you have to wash them twice. Let dry or blow them dry with your leaf blower. Soak them down with the Armor-All and wipe them with the micro cloth to remove the residue. They will look like new, dirt and grime comes off easily, and the look stays good for a coup[le of weeks. Try it my friend, I think you will like the results. I know your boards are a lot older than mine but mine had already started to look faded by the exposure. The bed was really getting bad but now it is like new. It Works!

OP
OP
P4SHOCAT

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not bad at all. I was under the impression that line x was really expensive and a lot of line x installers would not do small areas like the running boards.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After washing mine I spray them with Stoner Trim Shine and it makes them nice and black without making them slippery.

mark

dc1gator

Reaction score
Meguiar's tire cleaner foam will clean them up nicely. It is more costly than the above solutions but it is quick and easy.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use 50/50 Simple Green and a soft brush that I use for the whole truck, works for me.
I do have a back story with the running boards,
when I first got my Raptor 9 1/2 years ago I was using Rain-X car wash with bead wax that comes in it.
Turned my running boards white within 6 to 8 months, luckily the ford dealer replaced them for fading.

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray Simple Green on em at full strength, no dilution and wait about 2 minutes and just hose off and they look Great