Running Board Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck will ever see any serious off road use. Being retired with both knees replaced and a little overweight, those stock running boards were useless for ME, to get in the truck. I sold them in two days for $175 and installed AMP power running boards. They split the distance between the door frame and ground perfectly. So much nicer getting in the truck. They also tuck out of sight for a cleaner look. I guess if you did a lot of rock crawling and off roading they would get beat up. AMP actually makes a set with a rugged cover that hides the running boards.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My truck will ever see any serious off road use. Being retired with both knees replaced and a little overweight, those stock running boards were useless for ME, to get in the truck. I sold them in two days for $175 and installed AMP power running boards. They split the distance between the door frame and ground perfectly. So much nicer getting in the truck. They also tuck out of sight for a cleaner look. I guess if you did a lot of rock crawling and off roading they would get beat up. AMP actually makes a set with a rugged cover that hides the running boards.

I know what you mean about having both of your knees replaced as I have had both of mine replaced also and it's not as easy as it use to be getting around.

I've still have about 4 1/2 years left to work before retirement.

Those Amp steps are nice and make the truck look a lot cleaner looking.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not call that mid-flap good looking. Looks like the running board is elderly and using a walker/cane.

The comment was regarding the general design of the flaps.
The are a nice 3D molded design like the Husky.
If you are vain enough to not want the mid, then leave it off.
:rolleyes:

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went in the mud this weekend and finally understand this thread...I have Rokblokz but mud still kicked up through the holes in the running boards and sprayed along the side of the truck