Running Board Detail Procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray tire shine on a tire brush and wipe them down with the brush. However, I have to do this on a reoccurring basis as they will get dirty again (and they are a little slippery after application).
This is my method as well. I wash with Chemical Guys soap/brush. Then after dry I apply spray on Chemical Guys "Nice n Wet" tire shine. It makes the running board very slightly slippery for a day or so, but it's honestly not bad.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I wash and scrub them with a hand held brush then let them dry, after that I apply a heavy coat of Adams VRT with their foam applicator. When that dries they look black as new and it last a good amount of time.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine get soap from the foam cannon, followed by a power washer rinse and look new. Why would anyone need to scrub a rough texture surface like running boards with anything in place of a power washer?

If they’re really bad you can spray them with wheel cleaner first and then rinse with a power washer.
BTW, I also spray my exhaust tips with wheel cleaner while doing the wheels.

eddy20

Reaction score
Tire shine/cleaner works great but slippery for a day or two after application.