Running Board Detail Procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Captor

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor, and have always struggled to get the "gritty" running board clean. What is the best way (process/procedure) to clean these running boards, and turn them black again, with out creating slippage issues when using?? Apologies if this has been beaten to death in another post...but grateful for feedback.

OP
OP
Raptor Captor

Raptor Captor

Reaction score
Interesting, and it may be the best available.... However, my running boards gray from dirt/dust/mud build up and I think I need to really get a deep clean first. What can I use to get the dirt/dust out of all the micro pockets created by the "grit" of the running board. The wet wipe may solve my problem, it is unclear....but I think I need to get the running boards clean before I treat them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, and it may be the best available.... However, my running boards gray from dirt/dust/mud build up and I think I need to really get a deep clean first. What can I use to get the dirt/dust out of all the micro pockets created by the "grit" of the running board. The wet wipe may solve my problem, it is unclear....but I think I need to get the running boards clean before I treat them.
The more expensive solution is to just take them off and have them Line-xD, will look like new.

OP
OP
Raptor Captor

Raptor Captor

Reaction score
Thanks CoronaRaptor.....will give the Wipe New a try..... how many towelettes do you need for each running board?? Will one do?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a relatively low powered power washer to get get all that grit out. You might find you don't need to do anything else but that. As a bonus, you can clean up the concrete on your drive way and/or back porch. (not that your driveway looks dirty)

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spray tire shine on a tire brush and wipe them down with the brush. However, I have to do this on a reoccurring basis as they will get dirty again (and they are a little slippery after application).

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks CoronaRaptor.....will give the Wipe New a try..... how many towelettes do you need for each running board?? Will one do?
It comes with a little applicator and some gloves. Try a small area first. It takes awhile to do the running boards, it looks like a really small bottle of solution in there, but you put it on sparingly, it will do all the trim on your truck. I've done the cowl, boards, mirrors and box rails. Mind you I tried doing the plastic bumpers on my Wrangler and it didn't work on those.