Running A Power Cable from Battery to Behind Rear Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are people doing to run a power cable from the battery, through the firewall and back to the subwoofer area under the driver rear seat? Any tips appreciated! I think I am going to attempt going through the firewall on the driver's side and run along the door moldings. Not sure how hard this will be? I've read some guys going UNDER the truck then in the bottom but I don't think that seems like a good idea...

TIA.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are people doing to run a power cable from the battery, through the firewall and back to the subwoofer area under the driver rear seat? Any tips appreciated! I think I am going to attempt going through the firewall on the driver's side and run along the door moldings. Not sure how hard this will be? I've read some guys going UNDER the truck then in the bottom but I don't think that seems like a good idea...

TIA.

There is almost always an existing grommet to go through. Haven't had to do it in this truck yet - but typical passenger side, through a grommet, pop the kick panels out and door sill panels up and run your power wire - easy peasy. On my last mustang, I pulled the battery and there was a perfect spot - and if you can't find a hole, drill one and put in a grommet.

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score

TIA.

I just finished up my 2018 stereo install, I ran a 4 gauge power cable from battery across top/back of engine bay, down through rubber grommet on driver side, wasn't too bad at all. Popped up the trim pieces, plenty of space there to run all the way back. I found the trim pieces to all pop off/on with ease, I do have a trim piece removal kit though so YMMV. You can run the power from either side but the driver side grommet seems like it is much easier to get to which is why I did it the way that I did. There are several good ground wire locations in the back behind the sound insulation also. Good luck.

Last edited: