GEN 1 Rubbing on 35s with stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So which is it? Can or can't?

I was stating that since I am on methods and not stock wheels it is not an exact comparison, but my experience can still be applied.

I was stating that after having more positive caster in my alignment that I noticed more rubbing than I did prior. Which makes sense as your are leaning the top of the knuckle back towards the firewall.

Was that what you were asking or did I miss-understand?

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To try to give some other insight, if your IWE system is starting to experience a vacuum failure, it will sound exactly like tire rub. I was getting the exact same symptom and occasionally in tight turns in parking lots I’d get a sound that was exactly like tire rub. Couldn’t see any point of contact, replaced the $20 check valve, and it was all gone

OP
OP
Notfred

Notfred

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies! It turns out it was the plastic liner moving toward the wheel. I pushed it back and plan to tie it back after changing to mid-perch. Hopefully doing that this weekend!